Uniden BCD996T Software Control and Prog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebee

I have a BCD996T and have always used the free Uniden software for this scanner. I am curious to know which is the best software for programing and PC control.
Also this scanner has a limit of 250 Talkgroups per trunked system that can be tagged and programmed. I read somewhere before that there is a control software for the 996xt that can allow a lot more than 250 tagged talkgroups per system as long as it is programmed and operated via the software. Naturally if the scanner is running without the pc it would only hold the 250 talkgroups and while connected to the pc via software it would display higher than the limit of 250. If there is a software that can do this please let me know. Thanks.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
For programming, I prefer FreeSCAN. It's free, it's very well supported, and it works great.

For remote control and recording/logging, ProScan is the way to go. It's not cheap at $50 per license, but that entitles you to install it on two computers (great for remote control over IP), and it's just a fantastic program, also very well supported.

teebee

Thanks for the replies. What about the ability to be able to have more than 250 talkgroups (using software only) than what the scanner will hold. Will any of the software mentioned have this option of storing more than 250 tagged talkgroups per system.

Status
Not open for further replies.