Recording with WIN500

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeE1951

Premium Subscriber
I've read the previous threads on this. So far, my problem was distortion, which appears to be solved by turning the scanner volume almost off.

I had everything working three days ago, recording audio files along the contact log.

Every item has 'Record' checked. The Windows Sound settings, specifically the microphone, are still the same as when it was working.

Today, it is not recording. I have restarted WIN500 several times since connecting the scanner.

This is all local, on a single laptop.

TES

I've read the previous threads on this. So far, my problem was distortion, which appears to be solved by turning the scanner volume almost off.

I had everything working three days ago, recording audio files along the contact log.

Every item has 'Record' checked. The Windows Sound settings, specifically the microphone, are still the same as when it was working.

Today, it is not recording. I have restarted WIN500 several times since connecting the scanner.

This is all local, on a single laptop.

One thing you didn't mention is that the radio's contents 'match' the active P500 file. From the Win500 Version 1.29 2008.01.03 15:10 (GMT -0800) Release Notes:

Note that all logging and recording requires that the radio's contents 'match' the active P500 file

MikeE1951

Premium Subscriber
Actually, I may have solved the problem. One thing that I apparently had changed was that I had set the microphone (port) to be the default device.

I changed the default back to the internal microphones and the recording resumed.

I do appreciate your assistance.

MikeE1951

Premium Subscriber
Still having issues of a different nature.

Win500 is creating wav files of proportionate size to match the log, but they appear to be silent. Using Windows Media Player, I can play the distorted files that were recorded by Win500 on 6/13, but none of the 200+ files created today present sound at all.

Still trying to figure this one out. I copied the ten largest wav files with the intention of trying to play them on my Toshiba Netbook. But it started making synthesizer type noises even though nothing was running. A friend called and the Netbook was pickup the phone (VOIP) conversation thru its speakers. Like I needed another distraction!!

Will report back.

MikeE1951

Premium Subscriber
Following up, my audio driver had gone south on the Netbook. Reinstalled and speakers working properly, the Win500 audio files were silent on the Netbook, as well. Other wav files on the Netbook played fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.