RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 2:57 PM

Default Recording with WIN500

I've read the previous threads on this. So far, my problem was distortion, which appears to be solved by turning the scanner volume almost off.

I had everything working three days ago, recording audio files along the contact log.

Every item has 'Record' checked. The Windows Sound settings, specifically the microphone, are still the same as when it was working.

Today, it is not recording. I have restarted WIN500 several times since connecting the scanner.

This is all local, on a single laptop.
Sponsored links
Old 06-16-2013, 4:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeE1951 View Post
I've read the previous threads on this. So far, my problem was distortion, which appears to be solved by turning the scanner volume almost off.

I had everything working three days ago, recording audio files along the contact log.

Every item has 'Record' checked. The Windows Sound settings, specifically the microphone, are still the same as when it was working.

Today, it is not recording. I have restarted WIN500 several times since connecting the scanner.

This is all local, on a single laptop.
One thing you didn't mention is that the radio's contents 'match' the active P500 file. From the Win500 Version 1.29 2008.01.03 15:10 (GMT -0800) Release Notes:

Note that all logging and recording requires that the radio's contents 'match' the active P500 file
Old 06-16-2013, 5:09 PM

Actually, I may have solved the problem. One thing that I apparently had changed was that I had set the microphone (port) to be the default device.

I changed the default back to the internal microphones and the recording resumed.

I do appreciate your assistance.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

VC20 - accessories - products - koss headphones

I have used these for a few years with no problems.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:32 PM

Still having issues of a different nature.

Win500 is creating wav files of proportionate size to match the log, but they appear to be silent. Using Windows Media Player, I can play the distorted files that were recorded by Win500 on 6/13, but none of the 200+ files created today present sound at all.

Still trying to figure this one out. I copied the ten largest wav files with the intention of trying to play them on my Toshiba Netbook. But it started making synthesizer type noises even though nothing was running. A friend called and the Netbook was pickup the phone (VOIP) conversation thru its speakers. Like I needed another distraction!!

Will report back.
Sponsored links
Old 06-17-2013, 1:47 AM

Following up, my audio driver had gone south on the Netbook. Reinstalled and speakers working properly, the Win500 audio files were silent on the Netbook, as well. Other wav files on the Netbook played fine.