Status
Not open for further replies.

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
Tried to install it from setup.exe and got this error message:

Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX\dotnetfx.exe' is 'Fail'
'.NET Framework 2.0 (x86)' RunCheck result: Fail
A prerequisite failed for Package ".NET Framework 2.0 (x86)"
Package failed with message "This version of the .NET Framework 2.0 (x86) is not supported on a 64-bit operating system. Contact your application vendor."

However, it seems to have installed by double clicking the .msi file.

I'm running Win7 64 bit.

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Tried to install it from setup.exe and got this error message:

Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX\dotnetfx.exe' is 'Fail'
'.NET Framework 2.0 (x86)' RunCheck result: Fail
A prerequisite failed for Package ".NET Framework 2.0 (x86)"
Package failed with message "This version of the .NET Framework 2.0 (x86) is not supported on a 64-bit operating system. Contact your application vendor."

However, it seems to have installed by double clicking the .msi file.

I'm running Win7 64 bit.

I have the same OS as you - as soon as my molasses-thru-drinking-straw-slow download gets done, I'll give it a shot.

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
It seems like the install package comes with a program dotnetfx.exe that is supposed to install the NET 2.0 if you don't already have it. But that program fails on my 64 bit system.

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
Set color of Alert Light in Sentinel?

How do you set the color of the alert light for a favorite TG in Sentinel?
I would expect that I could right-click the TG entry in the Favorites List and get a menu to change colors, but that doesn't do it.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
How do you set the color of the alert light for a favorite TG in Sentinel?
I would expect that I could right-click the TG entry in the Favorites List and get a menu to change colors, but that doesn't do it.
It's done in the 'Edit Favorites' mode.

Select the Favorites list you wish to modify.
Maximize the edit window that pops up, or at least make sure that the scroll bar along the bottom is accessible.

You'll then be able to set any of the alerts (LED, tones) or assign number tag, etc, to your entries.

Jay911

Feed Provider
It's the column marked "Alert Light" in the Favorites List Editor (star with pencil, or Ctrl+2)

Jay911

Feed Provider
Awesome, thanks Jay.

No problem. If you're familiar with HP Sentinel, it will be quite easy to get a grip on - there's just a lot more fields and tabs (to allow for the features of the XT line to merge with the features of the HP line). It can be a little tricky for people who aren't familiar with Sentinel, but I have gotten used to it from programming my HP1s.

SCPD

QRT
thanks

Well that makes my mind up,I'm keeping my 996xt! Anything with microsoft .net is a nono!
Thank you for posting this,much appreciated!

Jay911

Feed Provider
Just for the sake of interest (for those who are playing with the new software), it is possible to copy and paste from HP Sentinel to x36 Sentinel :D

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just for the sake of interest (for those who are playing with the new software), it is possible to copy and paste from HP Sentinel to x36 Sentinel :D
Actually, Jay, just export HP-1 Sentinel favorites to an *.hpe file, and it will import nicely into x36 Sentinel. You would then edit to add your quick keys, led color selections, and the other features not common to the HP-1, but the channel/talkgroup/system information is there. That was the first thing I tried.

Jay911

Feed Provider
Actually, Jay, just export HP-1 Sentinel favorites to an *.hpe file, and it will import nicely into x36 Sentinel. You would then edit to add your quick keys, led color selections, and the other features not common to the HP-1, but the channel/talkgroup/system information is there. That was the first thing I tried.

While that's true for Favorites lists, it's not for profiles. You have to create your profile from scratch (and C&P'ing is very useful there).

One thing I did notice for favorites lists is that "Location Control" in the "Options" tab is turned off by default even if it was set "On" in the hpe that you imported.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
One thing I did notice for favorites lists is that "Location Control" in the "Options" tab is turned off by default even if it was set "On" in the hpe that you imported.
Interesting. I had not noticed that, because on all but one of my lists, location control was already set to off.

Status
Not open for further replies.