ARC 536/436 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit_Factor

Did you have to configure anything to get the virtual interface to work? How about run as administrator, is that necessary? No luck with the virtual as yet. Device Manager shows it on com4 and says it's working properly.

I'm running Win8.1 Pro, just FYI.

Hit_Factor

OK, I can answer my own question.

As a standard user, even run arc536 as an administrator the virtual interface won't run. When I log in as administrator it does.

Check Device Manager under ports to find out which port has the Uniden driver installed, enter that number in the box next to the start but and then click start.

lacadien72

Premium Subscriber
OK, I can answer my own question.

As a standard user, even run arc536 as an administrator the virtual interface won't run. When I log in as administrator it does.

Check Device Manager under ports to find out which port has the Uniden driver installed, enter that number in the box next to the start but and then click start.
Thanks! I had the same issue as you. I did not know the number on the left of the Start button was the Com port number. Works fine!! By the way, I am not running ARC536 as an administrator.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Where can we download it?

Yes, I have the same question. Bought the pre-release PRO version. Got a reply to mail Butel if I want to try beta version. I replied yes. Still no reply from Butel on where to download. Would like to try it. I know Butel says that their software is no replacement for the Sentinel for HP1 and x36HPs. And that is true. But the Sentinel is also no replacement for the Butel software. I still much prefer downloading directly from RRDB, the virtual control, and logging features.

Steve AA6IO

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
zzdiesel
As far as I know, difference between basic and PRO is that PRO also has virtual control and logging functions. I have Butel software for many other scanners, all PRO versions, and generally use the software a lot. If you find site to download new beta version, please post here or PM me.
Thanks.
Steve AA6IO

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
I still can't see my BCD536HP on my computer even with the Uniden drivers installed. The only way to get the computer to recognize the scanner is to plug the scanner in via the USB connection and tell the scanner to use the serial connector.

Is there anyway to keep the scanner in the serial mode?

Hit_Factor

You are connecting properly, pressing serial mode is all you do on fhe scanner.

Look in device manager, ports for your scanner after you connect.

If you don't see the scanner. Disconnect, reboot, reinstall driver, reboot, connect scanner and look fod it again.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
You also have to select the port from the unlabeled pull down that you use (com port in device manager) from the ARC virtual scanner and then select start.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I pre-ordered couple of days ago, sent several e-mail messages to try beta version, and still no response. I used the contact e-mail at yahoo.com but still nothing. Anyone have any further information. Thank you.
Steve AA6IO

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Gommert,
Thank you for quick response. My error, I just checked spam e-mail and there was your reply with information. Sorry for confusion. Thank you very much. Will try out and report my findings.
Steve

tomtefe

Gommert:

I just sent you an email on instructions on how to use the discount coupon that I bought last November to use toward a preorder of the ARC 436/536 PRO software. I really want to try out the beta.

Butel has some great software and I can't wait to try it. Loved the ARC home patrol.

Thanks for any and all help

tomtefe

Thanks Gommert for the reply and setting me up with the Beta. Butel: Great company and Great products! Thanks again.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Build 8 is now available. So far I've been pretty impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.