Logging encrypted stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I am running ARC536 with my 536HP and monitoring the Los Angeles ICIS mixed and P25 systems. Many of the new TGs that have been added seem to be encrypted. I understand that I cannot monitor the audio, but ARC536 does not seem to be logging any of the encrypted hits. Is this normal behavior for the software? If so, is there any software like ProScan or other that will keep track of all hits, including the encrypted stations that are being picked up (but of course cannot be heard).
Thanks
Steve AA6IO

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I can't say if it is "officially normal", but I'm not seeing any encrypted talkgroups logged with ARC536 either.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Let me repeat my question about logging encrypted stations in another light.
I realize that these stations are muted, and that we can't receive them, but in the HomePatrol Extreme trunk logging, the encrypted TGs still show up with an E, and I believe Unitrunker will log the encrypted groups.
I'm sitting here right now watching several stations that I know are encrypted on the LA ICIS P25 sites, but they are flashing momentarily on my 536HP screen. The problem again is they are not being logged by ARC536PRO or by ProScan. Does the scanner have to break the mute for these stations to log on these software programs? It seems so, and obviously the "mute" is not going to break.
I wonder if this is just the nature of these software programs, or is their some way that they can be set so at least we can see all the groups and channels the scanner is picking up, albeit they are encrypted and cannot be listened to.
Any ideas? Thanks.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.