Import BC250D data to BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornade

Hi Guys!

Just sold my BC250D for a BCD396XT. I'm using Butel ARC software and i have all my data on a .mem file. Since the BCD250D is not a DMA Scanner and not compatible with ARC XT i can't import the data. Is there any way i can import the data for my new scanner. I prefer ARC XT because i'm use to it but i really don't care to use any other software as long as i don't have ton enter everything manually . Any hints ???

captclint

Mentor
Hi Guys!

Just sold my BC250D for a BCD396XT. I'm using Butel ARC software and i have all my data on a .mem file. Since the BCD250D is not a DMA Scanner and not compatible with ARC XT i can't import the data. Is there any way i can import the data for my new scanner. I prefer ARC XT because i'm use to it but i really don't care to use any other software as long as i don't have ton enter everything manually . Any hints ???
Welcome to RR. Assuming you have ARC250, you can export to CSV file. Then ARCXT has a Web paste feature which should allow import/copy from CSV and paste into ARCXT. Took me a while to find it but highlight Frequency and Alpha tag columns, and then copy those sections of the CSV file. Then select edit, paste, into a blank Group file, Repeat copying the PL/DP column. and then put the cursor on the top of the PL/DPL column, and then paste. Of course, you will need toi create blank systems and group files into which you will paste. One idea would be to create 10 systems, and 1 group under them. Then you can paste the entire contents of each of the 10 banks into these 10 systems. From there, you can do more cut and paste later off these groups in ARCTXT to fit what you want for the DMA structure.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you are going to be using both radios, you might consider purchasing ProScan. It supports both radios, it may (I'm not sure of this) have a migration tool to move data between scanner types. If so it would be invaluable to you

We have a dedicated thread for ProScan questions here, and the author is a RR member

Mike

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That's where ProScan has ARC beat - transferring from one type of scanner to another is much less cumbersome.

What I did, and it helps to have two computer monitors to do this, is to have both ARC 250 and ARC XT running, each in their separate window. I then copied and pasted data from one to the other. If you have trunked systems, you sill have to configure each as that can't be copied/pasted.

Tornade

All Right. Thanks a lot for all the hints. Now i know that transferring my data is simple with copy/paste on both software. Dma Scanner is new to me but with some of your explanations i understand better how to logically manage the systems and groups. Still not figured out if it's better for me to create 1 system and 10 groups or 10 systems and 1 groups each... Anyway, still waiting my bcd396xt, should come this week. i guess everything will come easier when i'll play with it...

captclint

Mentor
Still not figured out if it's better for me to create 1 system and 10 groups or 10 systems and 1 groups each... Anyway, still waiting my bcd396xt, should come this week. i guess everything will come easier when i'll play with it...
As a minor consideration, it is more difficult to turn groups on/off, so it you have 10 systems, you can easily turn systems on/off by assigning quick keys which behave just like your convenient bank on/off

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Tornade, this article from our wiki (anything blue is a link) will give you a great deal of information on DMA. At the bottom of this article are all the links for the Easier to Read manauls - get the one for the 395XT, along with reading the data here...

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Note that there have been 2 threads having to do with USB and Win8.x which has caused many some grief. The USB article in the wiki has several things on this, and I will link the 2 discussion threads there so they can be easily found. Read them carefully as Micro-stupid made several changes

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.