Print list from Win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8HDU

I purchased the Win500 software and have my 20-197 scanner programmed the way I want.

Is there a way to print out what I have in the Win500 database?

Fred Vobbe, W8HDU
fvobbe@wlio.com

w2xq

Mentor
I never figured out how to get a print out of Win500. Here's something I wrote a while ago... HTH.

"All software program the memories, but there are other factors to consider too. Whereas Win500 is very quick on communicating with the radio, it can't speak CSV. If you want to muck about with data in a text editor or a spreadsheet, ARC500/ARC500PRO imports and exports CSV-formatted files. Both jEdit and LibreOffice's spreadsheet work well. Spliting and merging data files, reorganizing, global edits, and global search-and-replace are so much easier in a CSV file where all data can be seen at once. PSREdit500 will import CSV files, but will not export data to CSV files."

Last edited:

RKG

If what you are looking for is just a list of CONV channel data, there may be a simpler way.

Go to the CONV screen. Select any cell. Hit Ctrl-A to mark everything, and do Edit/Copy. Now open XL, select cell A1, and hit Edit/Paste. You'll have to adjust some column widths (and probably delete some columns), but it works.

W8HDU

You would think with a database software programmer that some, even mediocre, print command be a part of the program.

This morning I tried various applications such as Access, Xcel, and a few others, but nothing will read the .bin that Win500 creates.

I wrote to Don Starr, who is the author of Win500 to see if he has anything, or if there is a 3rd party application. I have yet to hear from him. Hopefully he responds. I like the program, and printing is the only thing which I take exception to.

Fred/W8HDU

mikey60

The data doesn't lend itself to a simple print. Not to mention that the volume of data available could fill many pages. I've looked into ideas of how to print from PSREdit500, and have yet to come up with any way that makes sense. It's not an easy task to figure out how to print the data.

Mike

w2xq

Mentor
Like I said above, only one app I know of has a CSV export. The ARC software is it. It works very nicely. (I own both Win500 and ARC500Pro, tested PSREdit500.) Easy cheesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.