Question about BC Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started using BC Tool & when I uploaded my 396T to the program all of the frequencies in my scan lists are out of the order they appear in the radio, is this normal for this software or is it going to download in this order, also can't to save any changes using the "save as" drop down, tried putting this in the Uniden forum but for some reason I wasn't allowed.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Just started using BC Tool & when I uploaded my 396T to the program all of the frequencies in my scan lists are out of the order they appear in the radio, is this normal for this software or is it going to download in this order, also can't to save any changes using the "save as" drop down, tried putting this in the Uniden forum but for some reason I wasn't allowed.
Just my opinion but ditch BCTool and download freescan.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

mule1075

Feed Provider
I don't think bctool has been updated in years.I could be wrong to be honest I forgot all about it until you posted your question.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Start a new thread about your issues with FreeScan - someone will no doubt jump in...perhaps Assaf who does check in here from time to time...Mike

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
I use a combination of BC Tools+ and Freescan. Freescan is more efficient in sorting frequencies in memory which is supposed to speed up the scanner. On the other hand, Freescan always erases my fire tone outs. I use Freescan for memory management and the restore my scanner settings with BC Tools+.

I know that others have not had this problem, but I've never found a work around and I have the most recent versions of each program.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I use a combination of BC Tools+ and Freescan. Freescan is more efficient in sorting frequencies in memory which is supposed to speed up the scanner. On the other hand, Freescan always erases my fire tone outs. I use Freescan for memory management and the restore my scanner settings with BC Tools+.

I know that others have not had this problem, but I've never found a work around and I have the most recent versions of each program.
I use to do the same thing years back.Then I figured out I was not sending the custom radio settings when uploading to the scanner.Now back on topic sorry.

I did have a different thread w/ my Freescan problems, in the Chicago Metro page because it related to Chicago frequencies but didn't get any help, this was a couple years ago.

elephant

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for. When I make a change in BCtool, such as adding a new
system, BCtool doesn't put it in the place I'd like. What I do then, is finish all the changes I want to make
in the software, upload it into the scanner. Then, I download from the scanner into the software and
everything is in a nice, neat order. It seems the scanner will sort everything. It's kind of a pain,
but it makes the database orderly.

Hope that helps.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

The work around is to download memory and scanner settings from the radio into freescan.

When you select download from radio, a box comes up. Make sure "get radio settings" is checked.

When you upload to the radio the same box comes up. Make sure "send custom radio settings" is checked.

Make sure "send global frequency lockouts" and "send system quick key status" are checked as well

Status
Not open for further replies.