Bc436hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPerk

So It hasn't been a full two weeks , I'm very satisfied with my bcd436hp . But wanted know if any one could tell me how to pick up a phase II p25 or how to reconize it in the scan options . I've been scanning Caroline frequencies in FCC license under Caroline virginia page but wasn't sure if I was doing wrong thing. Or would it just pick up automatically and show something on screen instead of P25 for phase I

n5ims

Look at your nearby Washington DC page at the trunked systems list. There you'll find an example in their P25 system, Washington, DC (Project 25) Trunking System, Washington, District of Columbia - Scanner Frequencies. The system is listed as "Project 25 Phase II" which would indicate it's a Phase 2 type system. Another example would be the Capital Police system, Capitol Police Trunking System, Washington, District of Columbia - Scanner Frequencies, which is listed as "Project 25 Phase I" which would indicate it's a Phase 1 type system.

Another thing to check is drilling down to the FCC License information for an agency. The "Emission" column will tell you what types of transmissions that agency is licensed for. Be aware that this site only lists systems with FCC licenses and federal agencies generally won't have one since they're licensed through a totally different system ran by the NTIA (http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/National_Telecommunications_and_Information_Administration). To translate them, use this page from the RR WIKI Emission Designator - The RadioReference Wiki

From that list here's a short list of what may be helpful:
11K2F3E - standard narrow-band analog transmission
20K0F3E - standard wide-band analog transmission
8K10F1E - standard P-25 (phase I) digital audio transmission
9K80F1E - one example of P-25 phase II digital audio transmission (note there will be up to two voice paths on this one digital channel with the timing of the packet indicating which path is which)
7K60FXD - two slot MotoTRBO digital audio transmission (also may have up to two voice paths like the Phase 2 signals)

CPerk

Look at your nearby Washington DC page at the trunked systems list. There you'll find an example in their P25 system, Washington, DC (Project 25) Trunking System, Washington, District of Columbia - Scanner Frequencies. The system is listed as "Project 25 Phase II" which would indicate it's a Phase 2 type system. Another example would be the Capital Police system, Capitol Police Trunking System, Washington, District of Columbia - Scanner Frequencies, which is listed as "Project 25 Phase I" which would indicate it's a Phase 1 type system.

Another thing to check is drilling down to the FCC License information for an agency. The "Emission" column will tell you what types of transmissions that agency is licensed for. Be aware that this site only lists systems with FCC licenses and federal agencies generally won't have one since they're licensed through a totally different system ran by the NTIA (National Telecommunications and Information Administration - The RadioReference Wiki). To translate them, use this page from the RR WIKI Emission Designator - The RadioReference Wiki

From that list here's a short list of what may be helpful:
11K2F3E - standard narrow-band analog transmission
20K0F3E - standard wide-band analog transmission
8K10F1E - standard P-25 (phase I) digital audio transmission
9K80F1E - one example of P-25 phase II digital audio transmission (note there will be up to two voice paths on this one digital channel with the timing of the packet indicating which path is which)
7K60FXD - two slot MotoTRBO digital audio transmission (also may have up to two voice paths like the Phase 2 signals)

Thanks and very true on the info i read it and would I need to turn a setting on my bc436hp to decode p25 phase II or just picks up automatically ?

Status
Not open for further replies.