No PC for downloading EZ scan For WS 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.

baptistjcat

I do not have a pc so I can not use ez scan for my Ws 1080. is there any were that I can have this done?
In the past I would just pay G R E a visit in belmont when I needed help. Any suggestions ?

baptistjcat

ez scan reply

I was wanting to up date the library and . So I went ahead and mailed my SD card to whistler to have them do it for me. But for future use I was hoping that there would be some were that I can have this done so I would not have to mail it in.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
Would it not be easier and no more expensive to do that on your computer? Oh, never mind - I just saw the first post and got reminded of your situation. Hopefully someone on the peninsula will chime in and can get you set up.

Last edited:

baptistjcat

no pc for ez scan

My daughter is looking into downloading a program for me so I can run EZ scan on my mac. But may be some one out there would be able to help.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
VirtualBox is free, and will run pretty much any flavor of Windows on an Intel Mac, and run it well. I have been using it to load my Pro-160 and Pro-18 via their respective softwares, and all my Unidens via FreeScan. Just make sure you have the proper driver installed in the Virtual Machine for the cable, and give exclusive access to that USB device.

joeuser

The Wretched
VirtualBox is free, and will run pretty much any flavor of Windows on an Intel Mac, and run it well. I have been using it to load my Pro-160 and Pro-18 via their respective softwares, and all my Unidens via FreeScan. Just make sure you have the proper driver installed in the Virtual Machine for the cable, and give exclusive access to that USB device.
Free is good, Parallels is another option - not free though

KE5TLF

Not to mention, as long as you can provide a monitor, (and in some cases a keyboard/mouse) Newegg, has an overwhelming selection of refurb, off lease, Win 7 PCs for fraction of the price of the scanner itself.
Heck, if you've been doing that for any length of time you've probably spent as much on gas as what you could get a PC for.

Status
Not open for further replies.