Scan Control Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwolf

Premium Subscriber
Why does scan control keeps on for a control channel when your adding in id tags I don't understand

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This is rather hard to read. 'keeps on for a control channel'? Please clarify....Mike

darkwolf

Premium Subscriber
when i try too add the id tags and press add then it sits there looking for a control channel

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I haven't used SC in a very long time - I assume you're using it on your 2052.

Let's start with the basics -

-What system are you trying to program? The 2052 is rather limited in the system types it can handle.

-Are you actually hearing the horrid motoboating sound on the control channel (assuming here it's a Moto system)?

-Are you communicating with the 2052 via a USB-serial cable? Are the drivers loaded and is SC communicating?

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I seem to recall that SC did indeed need to 'hear' the control channel of the system being programmed. It's something with these older radios - I don't remember exactly what it was...

Do you have the right system type set up? Mike

darkwolf

Premium Subscriber
I was trying to program mwcpd I'd tags and id's it could be that when mwcpd rebanded I think that's the problem Oklahoma rebanded lot of there frequencies

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You're really not answering any of the questions; folks like me that aren't from Oklahoma would never know what MWCPD means.

Let's try one more time...is this the system you are trying to use?

Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network (OKWIN) Motorola Trunking System, Various, Oklahoma - Scanner Frequencies

Rebanding would be an issue if any of the site freqs had a 0 in the 4th position. But I rather doubt that's the problem here.

Are you hearing your selected site's control channel? What did you set the system type to?

What about your USB cable? Did you connect to the correct port? SC won't 'hear' if the port you selected is wrong. Each time you connect a different cable, you can get a different port.

No one can help you if you don't answer questions like these...Mike

darkwolf

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for all the trouble i got it to work it's crazy frequencies were in the right area i had to add oklahoma wireless that got it to work doesn't make any sense to me id's were correct id tags were correct

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Not crazy at all. It might well be too faint for SC to lock onto. Your scanner would have no less of a problem for the same reason. Do you have any closer sites to you?

I'm not familiar with OKWin, but are the talkgroups you are trying to use limited to just a few towers, or are they simulcast across the entire network? If they are limited in coverage, you must be able to hear those towers, or you won't be able to hear them

Mike

Last edited:

darkwolf

Premium Subscriber
no nothing any closer these id's are actual id's for midwest city all i did was to get it work was put in with the frequencies the #'s then oklahoma wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.