PSRedit500 new version

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Hello all ~ Does anyone know if there is an issue with the PSRedit software or the site itself?

I tried to update to the newer version today but it won't let me do it, a security settings issue apparently. I'm also having trouble trying to get in touch with the support.

Just curious if something happened that I'm not aware of. Thanks

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
I updated a few weeks ago, no problem on Windows 7, PSREdit 500 version 1.93 release 6 build 247

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
That's the version. A box keeps popping up that says my security settings won't allow me to get either file.

Don't recall having an issue the first time I purchased the software but I could be wrong. I disabled my anti-virus momentarily but it still didn't allow me to get it.

I also noticed this "support@psredit.com" doesn't appear to be an actual email address. I must be having a brain fart or something...

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Can you just go to the website and get it?
Download PSREdit500

Be advised there's hope as to another version that would address the difference in the 2.6 - 2.8 rs/whistler firmwares compared the rs/gre models. I.e. the signal strength bar differences.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
That's what I've been trying to do. I followed the link through my software update and I just used the link you sent as well, just in case, same result- my security settings won't allow me to open file.

I have an email query in to support, as far as I can tell, hoping to get a response soon...

Thanks for your help Ronaldski

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Have you tried downloading the Zip File format, instead of the Setup executable format? Then un-zip it after it's downloaded. That should work.

Last edited:

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
It doesn't sound like a problem with Mike's software so much as your security settings. Maybe you should fix your settings so it will work. Just a thought.

mikey60

That's the version. A box keeps popping up that says my security settings won't allow me to get either file.

Don't recall having an issue the first time I purchased the software but I could be wrong. I disabled my anti-virus momentarily but it still didn't allow me to get it.

I also noticed this "support@psredit.com" doesn't appear to be an actual email address. I must be having a brain fart or something...

Definitely a real address. I answered your email asking for details.

Mike

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried downloading the Zip File format, instead of the Setup executable format? Then un-zip it after it's downloaded. That should work.

Yes, as stated, tried both files, same results.

I just got Mike's email so hopefully we can figure this out.

Thanks for the help fellas.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I went to download the new version and what I did. Mikey I was the one on the yahoo group that asked about it last week btw.

On my windows desktop IE11, Symantec antivirus windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit-
All I got on the download was -Publisher of psredit500 couldn't be verified

Now on my laptop same parameters short of it being windows 7 Ultimate. I had a few unusual UAC popups never seen before and on each had to click on boxes or dropdown boxes to bypass these alerts to let it install.

I have UAC on both set at default and I try to keep both systems similar, so off hand only major difference is ultimate vs. premium windows 7.

mikey60

The software and installer are not digitally signed, so that could be part of the issue. Not sure why that would have changed between versions though.

Mike

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Well folks, not exactly sure what the issue was but I did utilize Firefox instead of explorer and it appears the newer version has installed. Now I just have to hope everything works properly when my new 652 arrives. I'll keep you posted. ;)

Thanks to Mike for getting after this, whether it was a software issue or not.

And thank you to those who responded and offered their suggestions. Hopefully this helped some others as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.