ARC536: ARC536PRO Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerSRT8

Premium Subscriber
My input on the current version of ARC536PRO:

These may be bugs, user error, or design features, but annoyances non the less.

1. When performing "center Justify" on Alpha Tags,in Dept. list, characters beyond about 30 spaces are lost, destroying my saved alpha tags.
2. Unit IDs: Need "Add New" button. The only way to add to an existing list (as I see it) is to "insert empty line' and move it up or down to where you want to add data. Need simpler way to add to end of existing list.
3. When importing a saved Unit ID file, the alert light and alert pattern (and possibly other fields) are not transferred over (or was not in original saved file).
4. When overwriting favorite lists to scanner, is there any way to see the favorite list number previously assigned, short of placing it in the name? Possibly displaying it in the browser as the ARC XT Pro does with quick keys? Or possibly the option to display all quick keys in browser window like ARC XT.

Enjoying working with the program, thanks for all you do Gommert.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
#1. I see what you mean. Perhaps the limit to the number of characters in this field can be increased.
#2. I believe you can do this. Highlight the cell just below where you want the new Unit ID to go, then right mouse click "Insert Line". A blank row will be added above.
#3. Wonder if this might be due to the source ID file not being in the same exact format as what is needed?
#4. If the FLQK is already programmed in the scanner, you could do a Quick Key Overview (BCDx36HP scanner>Quick Key Overview). A window opens showing all the quick keys that are in the scanner.

ChargerSRT8

Premium Subscriber
#2. I believe you can do this. Highlight the cell just below where you want the new Unit ID to go, then right mouse click "Insert Line". A blank row will be added above.
True, but you have to move the last line up to be able to start at end of list, cumbersome.

#3. Wonder if this might be due to the source ID file not being in the same exact format as what is needed?
The source file in this case being the file previous created by ARCPRO.

#4. If the FLQK is already programmed in the scanner, you could do a Quick Key Overview (BCDx36HP scanner>Quick Key Overview). A window opens showing all the quick keys that are in the scanner.
Unable to open that window while upload window open. I've accidentally loaded a FL to the wrong FL number more than once.

Thanks for the suggestions, but trying to help smooth out some rough edges.

Last edited:

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
1) this is normal behaviour , the display of the scanner only displays 30 characters so we use that number to align the text on the scanners display.

2) at the last line hit simply hit <enter> to add a new line, I will add a extra button to next build.

3) I can not duplicate this , are you running the latest release?

4) No

Gommert
Butel Software

ChargerSRT8

Premium Subscriber
1. Understood
2. Hadn't thought to do that, thanks
3. Opened the HPU file in notepad and the info is there, just will not populate alert light and pattern; weird. Version 0.96 build 1

Status
Not open for further replies.