ARCXT: ARCXT with BCD325P2 and BCD996P2 support released

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Gommert-

Went to the download page (was using ARC XT Pro) after getting the message a new version was available. However the download page had 1.9. Is this correct - that's what I had running?

Thanks!

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
Gommert,
I too went to download the update after being directed to do so by ARCXT Pro and it takes you too a page that just has Version 1.9 v2. Nothing on the page to download Version 2.0.

trido

Premium Subscriber
Ok so I deleted ver 2.0 used 1.9 all is fine so maybe not me?

Would some one tell me what I am doing wrong using ARCXT.
What I did was create 2 systems then hit quick save, then saved to a profile name.

However when I run butel again ONLY one system is saved and displayed?
I thought all I need to do is hit quick save and that auto saved all systems I made, then just create a Profile and hit save to?
I am missing something? I better read the manual.
Also I checked all the talkgoup id's I want and the group name with a red dot is there however not a single talkgoup id is displayed even though I have them checked before I hit import.

thanks

Last edited:

trido

Premium Subscriber
Version 2.0 BUILD 2 is just out all seems fixed.

Thanks

Ok so I deleted ver 2.0 used 1.9 all is fine so maybe not me?

Would some one tell me what I am doing wrong using ARCXT.
What I did was create 2 systems then hit quick save, then saved to a profile name.

However when I run butel again ONLY one system is saved and displayed?
I thought all I need to do is hit quick save and that auto saved all systems I made, then just create a Profile and hit save to?
I am missing something? I better read the manual.
Also I checked all the talkgoup id's I want and the group name with a red dot is there however not a single talkgoup id is displayed even though I have them checked before I hit import.

thanks

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Current download now also includes the BCD996P2 drivers and tries to install them. After installing the ARC XT software and a reboot plug the BCD996P2 scanner in a free usb port and hopefully Windows recognizes the BCD996P2.

Gommert

eaf1956

Feed Provider
ARC XT with 996P2

Discovered a minor problem with ARC XT when programming the 996P2. I had the scanner connected both with the front USB port and the rear serial port, ARC XT would connect with the rear port and not the front. When programming Owensboro KY P25 system with it connected to the rear port it had numerous errors with all 0000's in the dialog boxes and no talkgroups could be assigned quick keys. The only way to get ARC XT to use the front USB port was to disconnect the rear port and then the Owensboro System loaded fine.

Note: Even it you deleted the Owensboro system and tried to reload the other systems (Deleting everything in the scanner) it still had the errors for the Owensboro System pop up)

Finally had to start from scratch and redo everything. So in summary if you program the p2 with ARC XT don't use or have the rear port connected to the computer.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
ARC XT version 2 build 2 seems to have problems importing new systems from RR. It adds groups to other systems which then have to be manually deleted. Also, talkgroups don't display to be assigned quick keys in every attempt. This is with the 996P2 but I also had problems with a 996XT.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
ARC XT version 2 build 2 seems to have problems importing new systems from RR. It adds groups to other systems which then have to be manually deleted. Also, talkgroups don't display to be assigned quick keys in every attempt. This is with the 996P2 but I also had problems with a 996XT.

This doesn't seem to be a scanner issue because you are not even uploading or downloading to the scanner. Jeff at the HAM Station is checking his ARC XT out to see if the same issues are present. When I used it to Import Starcom 21 for ILL it added StarCOM sites and groups into my Safe T system and also into a Owensboro System which then had to be manually deleted. The problem seems to appear when you hit the IMPORT key and nothing happens (at least the system isn't added to the list) Sometimes you have to hit IMPORT a few times before anything is added to the system list.

KC8YPC

Marcs & P25 HELP

Hello all. I would really appreciate your help. I am using the XT Pro on my PP2. I live in Columbus Ohio and I am trying to download the new frequencies for digital for Columbus. Goingg through radio reference thru my xt program and see nothing listed. I see other cities but no Columbus or franklin county. I would so much appreciate any ones help. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.