ProScan 7.7 works on 996XT gets errors on 996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
I just uploaded the database file to the 996XT and it uploaded without an error. I still get 10-12 errors when I try to upload to the 996P2. Do I have a bad 996P2 or is there an issue with the ProScan? I have attached 2 files. One shows the errors and the second shows that when the upload encounters an error, instead of showing what percent of memory is being used, it shows "OKMEM%". You can see that when it encounters an error it does not remove the check mark next to the System Name

Attachments

• Upload Errors.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Upload Error_032215.jpg
    Upload Error_032215.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 442

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Looks more like ARC XT than Pro Scan. And I have and use Both those programs. But I could be wrong let me check as I have used both today.

OK it was and is ProScan and yes mine got errors also. Mine said something about memory limitations but what I did was download what was in the scanner to a database and tried to re upload the same information with delete scanner info first checked. You may want to mention this on the ProScan support forum on Bob's site.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
OK it was and is ProScan and yes mine got errors also. Mine said something about memory limitations but what I did was download what was in the scanner to a database and tried to re upload the same information with delete scanner info first checked. You may want to mention this on the ProScan support forum on Bob's site.

I'll look at this before the next release.

blastoff3210

Any idea when the next release is scheduled for? Having the upload process error so often on the new 996P2, IMHO, requires a sooner look.

I'd be happy to beta test with you if needed.

I too am experiencing the same issue downloading to BCD996P2.

Database straight from RR.
demo version of ProScan 7.7 (comparing to ARC demo)

I read back the database from the scanner and found GROUPS that were mentioned in the error log were missing.

N2EJS

Proscan 7.7 controls the radio great. However I too am having the same upload and download problems as mentioned above. The worse is that it doesn’t delete systems already in the radio. I only run five systems here in western New Jersey and before I figured out what was happening the radio had over fifty installed and all running and using identical quick keys. What a mess. That was confusing. My solution was to reset the scanner and start over with ARC XT. That got data into the scanner. I use Pros can to run the radio. I don't like Arc. I am a Proscan guy. I am eagerly awaiting the next update.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Bob Released ProScan 7.8 but I haven't tried to see if it fixed the problem. Knowing BOB it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.