Win500: Copy scan list 1 to scan list 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKG

Fairly simple:

There is a drop down menu for which scan list members are displayed. It is usually all.

Change it to the source scan list.

Click on any member, then <Ctrl>-A to highlight all.

In the right side is a box with all scan lists and provision for checking and in checking. Check the desired target scan list.

Note that whenever you start scan, or while in scan you select or deselect a list to be scanned, PSR-500/-600 creates a temporary scan list that includes the sum of the members of the active list. So in this sense, until scan is running, there is no "scan list.". Rather, each Conv or TG object has a parameter for which lists it will be a member of when selected.

marksmith

For the sake of argument we will assume sentinel software.

The easiest way I have found is to ceate a new favorites list. Then create the departments you want.

Then go to the one you want to copy and select all the talkgroups in a department and right click copy.

Then go to the new blank FL department and click the + to create a new talkgroup. Click there and paste.

If x36 sentinel, click + for as many talkgroups as you are going to paste. If home patrol sentinel you only need the first + and it creates the rest automatically. Don't know why this is different.

Repeat for any other departments.

There may be an easier way... but thats the way I do it.

Mark
BCD536HP/HP-1E/HP-2E/BCD996XT/BCD396XT(2)/BCD996T/PSR-800/PRO96 +

marksmith

Note... mske sire you are in Edit Favorites mode before trying to copy or the option to do so won't be there. In other words... click the one you want to copy and thrn the edit favorites button at top... the star with the pen. You need to be creating your new blank favorites luat this way too by ckicking on the star/pen and then clicking new favorites list.

Mark
BCD536HP/HP-1E/HP-2E/BCD996XT/BCD396XT(2)/BCD996T/PSR-800/PRO96 +

Voyager

How did the topic jump from Win500 to Sentinel? Sentinel won't even work on the GRE models.

budevans

I've tried to copy the contents (talk group and frequencies) from one scan list to another without success.
Any help would be appreciated. Don

With WIN500 you don't copy (as in duplicate) the Scan Lists. You merely select the freq's (for conventional) or TG's (for trunk systems) and then click on the Scan List you want to add them to.

The Scan Lists are on the right side of the screen for both the CONV Objects page and the TSYS Objects page. You can put (add) any freq(s) or TG(s) in any Scan List with a simple mouse click. No having to recreate or duplicate anything.

Sentinel is for Uniden Home Patrol scanners. WIN500 is for GRE PSR-500, Radio Shack Pro-106, Pro-651 and Whistler 1040.

I did forget one thing, after you make your selections you should save it and then download it to your scanner.

Last edited:

Voyager

Win96 used to have a bank copy, but that went away with banks.

To 'copy' a scanlist to another list, just sort the list by Scan List (right-click, the choose SORT ON COLUMN - ASCENDING, then scroll down to the list number currently assigned, highlight the first line, then hit SHIFT and while holding SHIFT highlight the last line, and in the SCAN LISTS section just click on the list number you want to 'duplicate it to' (you can select more than one list).

RDGDigital

I've tried to copy the contents (talk group and frequencies) from one scan list to another without success.
Any help would be appreciated. Don

Theres' no direct way to copy the contents of a Scan List. But it's not too difficult to do. Just select the "All Objects" tab and then change everything in the "Scan Lists" column with a 1 to a 2. See image below. Remember you can select multiple objects and change them all at once.

qXlxGrL.jpg

Hope this helps.

Voyager

I don't think you can change it from the ALL OBJECTS tab. You would have to use the CONV OBJECTS or TSYS OBJECTS tabs then follow my outline in post #8.

Status
Not open for further replies.