New with ARC536PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdesilets711

Premium Subscriber
I need to see or get a better way to set up my Uniden BCD536HP with this software. I did set the GPS port to 115200 and I use the RS232 in back of scanner. I plugged the USB into my PC and when I tell the program to search my scanner it says I am not connected. What am I missing here? This is just a start to help me understand the set up. I also like video set up's.

Thank you,

rdesilets711

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It could be several things. What type of operating system does your computer have? If it is Win 8.x, the USB/Serial Adapter will need the HXD chipset.

Also you'll need a null modem adapter in the cabling between the scanner and computer.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I don't believe you can program the 536HP using the rear port. The 996P2 can but that's a different scanner.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I have never been able to program from ARC536PRO to 536 HP using rear port as I can do with x96XTs and new 996 P2. I have to use USB with mass storage like with Sentinel.

STEVE AA6IO

rdesilets711

Premium Subscriber
I did solve my driver problem and I see that it only works with front plug to PC. The program is great as it shows all details of my hits. Do I need to do something different to use the RS232 plug in back?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I did solve my driver problem and I see that it only works with front plug to PC. The program is great as it shows all details of my hits. Do I need to do something different to use the RS232 plug in back?

I believe 3 different people have said the rear port of the BCD 536HP can NOT be used for programming.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Which port you should use depends on what you want to accomplish.

Programming is done by the front port with ARC 536 Pro

Virtual Control is better with the rear port, but can be done with the front port. However some of us have experienced issues with the front port in Serial Mode, which is why the rear port is recommended for VC.

rdesilets711

Premium Subscriber
ofd8001 If you use rear set up for VC what bps is used by you? I have mine at 115200. I would like the rs232 better for my PC. Need help with set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.