Lost my Win500 activation code

Status
Not open for further replies.

money911

Hello,
I lost my win500 activation code and have tried a number of times to contact starrsoft directly but have never recieved a reply. Just wondering if anyone knows how to get a replacement.

Thanks

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
You will need to contact Don Starr since he is the only one who can give you the code. Keep trying to contact him.

n5ims

Hello,
I lost my win500 activation code and have tried a number of times to contact starrsoft directly but have never recieved a reply. Just wondering if anyone knows how to get a replacement.

Thanks

Remember reading this (Win500: Management, Monitoring, and Control Software for the GRE PSR-500/600 Digital Scanners) when you registered (yes, I know, nobody reads them) since it has your answer.

When you register, you will be issued a unique key that will allow Win500 to run past its 30-day trial period. DO NOT LOSE THIS KEY. You will need it any time you wish to install Win500 (new computer, new operating system, computer crash, etc.). We do not re-issue registration keys apart from the initial email.

You should look through your old e-mails for one from win500@starrsoft.com that has your registration information in it. You did save the e-mail as well as print it out and keep that copy in a safe place, didn't you? You will need two important parts from that e-mail, the "Name: " field (normally your name, e-mail, and address) as well as the "Key: " field (the registration key).

If you don't have the e-mail, you can get a replacement registration e-mail by using their site and paying the $30.00 "Registration Replacement Fee" - my term, not theirs - (same as their new purchase fee) and make sure you keep the e-mail and information safe for future use. I apologize if I sound a bit flippant on this, but they clearly state that they do not re-issue registration keys prior to allowing you to register. I don't like it any better than you do, but it is how it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.