WIN 500 Instruction Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
Is there an instruction manual out there for using Win 500? I have searched here and the internet. I have looked at the Wiki page. I am looking for information about the advanced settings and how to use them. I just got a Pro-197 and I have had a 106 for awhile now. I am recovering from knee surgery so I have lots of time to sit around playing with my new toy.

One of my specific questions is how do I search for new talk groups in a system. There is a small system with only three talk groups in the DB. A buddy of mine is picking up unidentified TG's on it. I was gonna log them and see if I could figure out what they are.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Larry

rylvir

Feed Provider
Larry - For the Expert / Advanced settings I find this PDF helpful; It is written for a PSR500 but essentially they are the same Object Orientated User Interface, it lists all the Advanced settings by Win500 Name and what the Scanner calls it, gives a description and what the default values, and the adjustable range: (See Page 8 For that, but the whole thing is a good read)
https://wiki.radioreference.com/images/2/22/PSR-500_info.pdf

For discovering new talkgroups you need to create a new *Wildcard Talkgroup which will catch all talkgroups not entered into the scanner. Manually just hit Program, F1 for New, F1 For Talkgroup and it should create a talkgroup with the ID of Wildcard. (Sorry don't have Win500 in front of me but you can create a Wildcard and Private Call Wildcard talkgroup in there as well)

Here is another useful Guide, not sure if you stumbled across it yet

WIN500 - UtahRadio

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.