Scanner Communication Set-Up (Scanner Not Detected)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new 396XT that I am trying to set up with ARC-XT Pro. I have set the scanner to the Baud Rate of 115200 and the correct Com-port on my computer. However, when I hit "Auto Scanner Detect" to download, I keep getting an error message that says, "SOFTWARE HAS NOT DETECTED YOUR SCANNER. PLEASE CHECK THAT YOUR SCANNER IS SWITCHED ON AND CONNECTED."

I followed the instructions given with the error message and checked the Com-Port setting on my computer. I fiddled with the USB/Serial Port connector ( I am using the included serial connector and a Gigaware USB to Serial connector).

I am still getting the error message. Any help?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've had this happen to me before. What I think is going on is the comport has been captured by another software program. When ARC XT tries to access it, ARC sees it as not being available.

What I did to clear this was to do a complete computer shutdown and re-start. Then it worked fine.

Also, did you download/install the drivers for your USB to Serial connector?

OK, tried the restart, no go. Re-installed drivers. Here are screen shots of the error messages from ARC that I am getting. Also of driver info. I am running Win 10. Didn't work with Win 8.1 either.

Any other suggestions? Thanks for all your input so far guys.

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    11.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    5.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    14.4 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.