Arc536pro virtual control problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Can't get Virtual Control to work. Mass storage works but Serial Port does not. The instruction on the vertical Control states to plug USB cable in and select "Serial Port", which I did. I checked the comm port being used and it appears to be ok in Device Manager. Don't know where to set the baud rate-guessing it's automatically done for me through the ARC program. Any ideas?

Bill

chuckpare

Did you get your problem fixed with VC

Can't get Virtual Control to work. Mass storage works but Serial Port does not. The instruction on the vertical Control states to plug USB cable in and select "Serial Port", which I did. I checked the comm port being used and it appears to be ok in Device Manager. Don't know where to set the baud rate-guessing it's automatically done for me through the ARC program. Any ideas?

Bill

I am having the same problem When I go into the device manager on my computer it shows that the usb port that the serial port cable on my BCD536HP is working just fine with the latest updates and states everything is fine, but Virtual Control doesn't work. Someone said to us the serial port on the radio that the GPS plugs into the radio and that VC will work. I am assuming that I need a five pin serial port to USB cable. Does anyone out there who has had the same problem found any solutions. Butel's answers haven't worked, but they also said to use the serial port on the radio. When I go into VC with the radio connected using the ARC536 software nothing shows up where you click to select usb port even though the computer says it is plugged in correctly. I know it is a Butel software problem, has to be, but since they have no solution will using a serial cable fix that problem or not. No sense in spending more money on equipment unless someone can tell me that will fix the problem. Thanks for your help if you have an answer.

jamesd

Update

ARC536Pro Virtual Control is back working with the latest update on the Butel Website.

There is also a new Firmware Upgrade accessible with the Sentinel Program.

The Butel ARC536Pro software re-enabled Virtual Control before the Firmware Upgrade so Uniden was correct in stating that is was NOT a driver problem contrary to Gommert's stance before he changed his code

Not sure what the latest latest Firmware Upgrade improves or activates yet ... just thought I'd drop by and check this Forum first.

jamesd

storminc

Have same Problem with VC. All the virtual buttons work. Screen does not. Suggestions

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

storminc

Make sure you have the newest version of ATC. I discovered the version I was having trouble with was an older version than the download able on the site. DL the software and walk VC works

storminc

Make sure you have the newest version of ARC. I discovered the version I was having trouble with was an older version than the download able on the site. DL the software and walk VC works

Status
Not open for further replies.