ARC536: New Build 5 runtime error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerSRT8

Premium Subscriber
Got an updater available message and get this error when running after install on win 7 and Win 10 tablet.

Just an FYI and to bring it to Gommerts attention. I'm sure it will be rectified.

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

• arc536.PNG
    arc536.PNG
    10.5 KB · Views: 327

garys

Premium Subscriber
I don't have a run time error, but I have an issue and a question.
The manual doesn't show what was changed in this build, so that would be nice to know.
The issue is the same as I've run into with earlier builds. For whatever reason, every once in a while when I open a Favorites List, especially one I haven't used in a while, all of the frequency and talk group information is missing. All I see are blank grids. That happens with both trunk and conventional systems.

Unfortunately, it doesn't happen enough for me to have figure out a pattern, but it's very annoying especially if I haven't also saved the data in Sentinel.

ChargerSRT8

Premium Subscriber
I've always had that problem. I have to keep a blank dummy file loaded so I don't lose data from my good one. It seems leaving a favorites list loaded all the time or the loading of the list when ARC starts has something to do with this problem, in my case anyway.

garys

Premium Subscriber
That's more a pattern than I've been able to figure out. It's good to know, in a way, that I'm not the only person with this issue.

I've always had that problem. I have to keep a blank dummy file loaded so I don't lose data from my good one. It seems leaving a favorites list loaded all the time or the loading of the list when ARC starts has something to do with this problem, in my case anyway.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I really wish that I could provide them. I know it's difficult if not impossible to diagnose without better information than I can provide.

I can only tell you that I open a Favorites List for loading into the scanner or editing and all of the frequency/trunk system data is gone. All I see is blank grids where there once was data.

I need more specific details how to duplicate this problem.

Gommert
Butel Software

garys

Premium Subscriber
I got an error message when trying to use the "Close All" function in ARC536 Basic 0.98 Build 5.

There was an error saving this file 35605/ This item's control has been deleted

I don't know if this is related to the other memory loss issue, but now the FL I had open will not load into the program. I can read it out of the scanner and save it, but this really shouldn't happen.

Update: Just tried to access the RR database from ARC536 and got this error message, followed by the program closing.

Run time error '75':
Path/File access error

Also, any time I get an error message, I have to use Task Manager to close ARC536. Clicking on the Okay button in the error message window results in the error message popping up again. There is no way to close the error window and then close the program.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.