Freescan: BCD996P2 wont scan after uploading trunked frequncies..why please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fman

Premium Subscriber
After importing trunked frequencies from RR Database using Freescan and setting system and group quick keys when i upload / download to scanner when finished ..my scanner displays " Scan Mode" " Nothing to Scan.."....cant get scanner to receive import data to scan..need some expert advice..thnx all..Fman BCD996P2 version 1.06

Voyager

Did you program any TGs? (or alternately use ID SEARCH)

Did you assign a Quick Key then forget to enable it?

Or, alternately, did you load TGs and no site frequencies?

Fman

Premium Subscriber
Thats a good question>>>

I don't really know to tell you the truth...Will start to address your suggestions one by one to see if we can identify the problem..thnx for responding and trying to help Voyager...certainly appreciate that..Fman..

Fman

Premium Subscriber
Copy " Nothing to Scan " message being famous....

Ka3jjz...wow..i was suprised to hear that was a common message that was displayed on BCD99P2...thnk you for your advice and the link..headed that way now..appreciate it ..F-man..will keep you posted...

Fman

Premium Subscriber
The scanner is scanning..

Hey Voyager....the scanner is scanning...ka3jj directed me to a wiki page that had possible causes to why scanner wasn't scanning....read that page and as it turned out ..i had everything locked out unknowingly...pressed function button on bcd996p2 and followed directions on wiki page to fix..worked perfectly...feels good to be part of the scanning community..Fman

Fman

Premium Subscriber
ka3jjz...you have been a big help...went to wiki page for " Nothing to scan" readout on scanner..read info and found out that it was because somehow i had everything lock'ed/out on all system...went in and unlocked everything and now imported trunking frequencies are scanning...thnx..Fman..

Fman

Premium Subscriber
Hey voyager....correction.. it was ka3jjz.....Fman

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's not just on the P2 scanners, many owners of the pre-Home Patrol DMA scanners ran into this - hence the need for the wiki page. Glad to hear you got it straight

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.