possible to upload data from gre to Uniden scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD7HGK

For the last few days my GRE PSR-500 has been locked into one scan list, which it races through, not stopping for anything. The keypad as a whole has also been mostly unresponsive for the last few months. So, I decided to get a new scanner. I was able to just now hook the 500 up to my computer and downloaded it's frequencies to a .p500 file. I ended up getting a Uniden BCP436HP. Is there any way for me to automatically load the 700-800 frequencies and systems from the .p500 file over to the Uniden? or am I out of luck?

Voyager

I used to do it all the time using GZ-Grab in FreeScan with Win500, but that was with a T/XT series.

I never tried it with Sentinel (no need, as the 436 replaced my 500).

If you have Excel, you should be able to import the data to that and at least get most of the info into a Sentinel Favorite List.

marksmith

I think that the best thing to do is learn Sentinel while you build your favorites lists. This will accomplish two things.

1. Get you proficient using Sentinel, which should now be your standard software when using a 436.

2. Re-develop your favorites lists for the 436, and realize that you can probably rebuild these lists faster than you can do it by jerking around doing conversions etc.

Sentinel can do anything that other apps can do once you get proficient at using it, and since you will be normally updating your firmware and database files using this app, it's good to learn how to use it to build specific scanning lists, including things like frequencies not in the database, picking and choosing talkgroups from systems, modifying things like departments different than what is in the database, pumping unit ID data into favorites lists, etc.

It's really a pretty good and very fast program once you learn how to use it.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Using ARC536 you can easily import data in a BCD436HP from other software applications that support the clipboard or csv formats. In ARC536 you can do a lot more editting than Sentinel.

Gommert
Butel Software

Status
Not open for further replies.