Arc500/pro652 weather programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

John1123

I attempted to assign same codes along with attenuating the two channels that overlap with my county and enable alerts for wx7 which is the one I wanted alerts from. When I checked the upload they were not present. Saving the configuration to disk also erases the screens to default. There is nothing in the ARC500 about this programming. I was wondering if that part of the SW is non functional?

John1123

In global settings tab weather I entered 5 FPIS codes starting with 054001, only the first one on entry said on. I was not sire if the 4 surrounding counties needed to be on also. WX channel attenuators for 3, and 6 were set to on since they overlap my county ans sometimes switch to 6. Events were left as is 3 wildcard (asterisk). On priority tab I selected WX7. Saving this to a gr5 file or uploading it clears the list along with the WX priority channel. Using Windows XP Service pack3. Sorry older laptop my main computer is a MAC for music and photography.

Does this help?

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
I put these parameters in a new file and they save/open fine.
It is normal that uploading info to the scanner clears the existing info in the scanner, this is a limitation of the scanner.

Gommert
Butel Software

John1123

Wow I just did exactly the same thing and when I reloaded it back WXpriority was off all FIPS codes were gone along with the attenuators channels. Got me. I may try a different SW next.

John1123

Ok, I used a different SW and loaded the 5 SAME codes along with WX7 as my channel. It uploaded to the scanner (it was present). I then downloaded it to the ARC500 SW and it was still there. I saved the programming to disk and reopened it it was still there and properly uploaded to the scanner again. I have a PRO651 that I bought for a Christmas gift and programmed it for Hobbs NM. and WX alerts. I used the other SW that's what made me suspect something is not checked somewhere in the ARC500 SW. If I find out I will post it. I'm stumped since this isn't rocket science. When I get a chance I'll add some same codes and see what happens.
FYI the WX fields were exactly alike in both SW.

John1123

Update

Update
I entered the SAME code in the arc500 SW and they uploaded and saved fine. I had to shut down the WX7 priority channel ( that was the only difference) because it intrrupted all the trunked broadcast checking the WX channel. I'm glad I found this out because I am shipping the PRO 651 across the country with no means of checking if the programming is correct for Hobbs NM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.