BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB2KCO

Premium Subscriber
Ok here is my problem, A friend asked me to program his scanner . It is a Bearcat BCD396XT , I have the cable but no program or manual to go by ! How do I program this thing ? Thank you in advance .

Ben

Voyager

DL some software. The RR WIKI on the XT models has several programs that support the XTs.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, FreeScan is where most folks start - but I'm afraid there's more to it than that.

You will need a USB-serial cable, in most cases (newer PCs lack serial ports). Unfortunately with Win8 and later, Micro-stupid has gotten to be a real pain in the rump in regards to drivers and such. This article has links to just about everything you need to know on this subject, including several links to past RR discussions on the subject...

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

and there's another step most everyone misses - you MUST set the port up on the scanner using the scanner menus - this document gives you the basics on this subject...

Freescan - Connecting Scanner to PC - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

teufler

File

Since you have already been told about Freescan, here is a Freescan file for Hartsville. It also has Florence County since its only 9 miles se. I'm sure South Carolina scanner listeners can help you more but this should get you going. Since you have the cable, get the computer to accept the cable, Freescan you have to get the comport , but thats easy, Plug the cable into the computer and the scanner. From Freescan click the scanner tab, at the top. Control scanner, then click comport setup.then click start auto ands wait for Freescan to say which comport. Then click File, and select what ever file you want. Then upload to scanner and you wait. Then you are good to go.

Attachments

• hartsville, sc.zip
    13.4 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.