Programming Software for BC785D

Status
Not open for further replies.

papadoc

Premium Subscriber
Is there any programming software available for a Uniden BC785D that is compatible with Windows 10? Or is that even possible anymore?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
ProScan will do it, and I would think ARC250 would also be Win10 compatible (as it's Win8.x compatible, according to the BuTel website, it's quite likely to be Win10 compatible as well...)

Your real concern should be getting a USB-serial cable that's Win10 compatible - we have extensive notes on that subject linked here...

Connecting scanners via USB - the RR Wiki

Mike.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I think the free Commander software will work with the 785D but not certain about windows 10. :wink: 73, n9zas

papadoc

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again for all the info. Like ka3zjj said, I need to get a USB-serial cable that will work with Windows 10.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yeah - as of Win8.x, Micro-stupid made it a pain in the nether regions to get USB cables to work. Hopefully those threads will have enough information for you to work from....GL...Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
By the way, there is a specific set of keystrokes you need to do on that radio to put it in remote mode, which will enable the connection between the radio and PC. See this handy page...

Radio Setup

Mike

papadoc

Premium Subscriber
By the way, there is a specific set of keystrokes you need to do on that radio to put it in remote mode, which will enable the connection between the radio and PC. See this handy page...

Radio Setup

Mike

Thanks again. I've had the BC785D for a while. I've since bought the BCD396XT and more recently the BCD436HP with Provoice. I was just think about reprogramming the 785 to clean things up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.