ARC536: Uniden DMR Upgrade and ARC536PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppafred

I probably should have asked this here to begin with.

How will the Uniden DMR Firmware Upgrade affect ARC536PRO?
Uniden's Sentinal will reportedly have to be upgraded before it will work with the new firmware and I am wondering if the upgrade will affect ARC536PRO also.

Thanks

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Gommert, there is a bug in the RR download when filters are set, it looks like the sites get corrupt in a trunk system
2nd image is after filter is applied

Attachments

• 2016-06-02 02_04_07-RadioReference WebService - build 73.jpg
    2016-06-02 02_04_07-RadioReference WebService - build 73.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,266
  • 2016-06-02 02_06_55-RadioReference WebService - build 73.jpg
    2016-06-02 02_06_55-RadioReference WebService - build 73.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 908
Last edited:

ve3zo

It seems that the software will not add department...when I click on Add Dept a little box pops up with this message

" - "

no quotes.

anyone else encounter this.

garys

Premium Subscriber
There seems to be a problem with the Butel site. When I try to download the new version of ARC536, all I get is a blank screen. No pop up asking me if I want to download or run the software.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
An additional caveat: As we progress from pre-release to release it might break again on some items. A few adjustments are still forthcoming and I won't know the complete shape of those adjustments until they hit my in box.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Don't know if this is related to the bug discussed above, but FWIW, I upgraded to Version .99 build 2 early today. Even though I entered system talkgroups, the scanner won't let me access the system ("Nothing to Scan") unless I turn on "ID Search". Even then, it never stops on any traffic at all.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I have ham radio DMR-MARC repeaters, which I have programmed each one as a separate DMR one frequency system. Even though I programmed talkgroups, I must select "ID Search" or else I can't access it in the scanner. It says "Nothing to Scan"

I also programmed a Connect Plus site, along with talkgroups, but still I must select ID Search or else I cannot access the system. Nothing heard on a strong, busy system.

When I programmed by hand, it worked at least somewhat, but using the Butel software, no conversations.

mjdewey

Radio Man, ComL, ComT, Auxcomm
ARC 536 Pro

I have the ARC 536 Pro software, will there be a update to this program to allow for
the programming the new DMR mode or will I need to purchase a new program?

Thanks

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I have the ARC 536 Pro software, will there be a update to this program to allow for
the programming the new DMR mode or will I need to purchase a new program?

Thanks

Gommert says he's working on an update to deal with DMR systems. The good thing about ARC (and other Butel products) is that future upgrades are free. You just have to have the produc keys for the original purchase. As the upgrades are downloaded and installed, you'll need to re-register the upgrade using the product keys.

(I keep them in a Word document, so all I have to do is copy and paste the product keys.)

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
I have ham radio DMR-MARC repeaters, which I have programmed each one as a separate DMR one frequency system. Even though I programmed talkgroups, I must select "ID Search" or else I can't access it in the scanner. It says "Nothing to Scan"

I also programmed a Connect Plus site, along with talkgroups, but still I must select ID Search or else I cannot access the system. Nothing heard on a strong, busy system.

When I programmed by hand, it worked at least somewhat, but using the Butel software, no conversations.

Nothing to scan means either the selected quickkeys are not enabled or the selected Service Type is not enabled.

Gommert
Butel Software

Status
Not open for further replies.