Auto Start Freescan on powerup/reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcichowicz

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for a way to start Freescan on bootup, I've found the command line options that start the virtual remote control. And I know how to setup a scheduled task to start that with those options. However I'm looking to start the server option on port 1300 each time the system starts.

I have a dedicated PC setup to just maintain my scanner, as well as provide remote access via my iPhone. Each time Windows does it's UPDATEs @ 3AM - and needs to restart my PC - everything comes to a halt; and I have to manually start everything back up. (I know I can turn off updates - but don't want to if I can avoid it.)

Has anyone figured out a way to do this?

tcichowicz

Premium Subscriber
Does the computer restart to a user desktop after a power loss?
If not look here. Windows 7 Auto Logon Enable | Regedit AutoAdminLogon AutoLogonCount
After this you need to make a shortcut and put it in the start up folder. https://grok.lsu.edu/article.aspx?articleid=13076

yes it does boot to a desktop, I already have an Autologon setup.

just putting the application shortcut in the startup folder doesn't work. To use the server feature the application needs to be started as administrator. Also I need the server feature to also start with the application which it doesn't do by default.

bharvey2

It's been a while since I've done it so I don't know if Windows 8 or 10 supports it but you could write a *.bat file in Notepad calling the executable file you want to start and then place it in your Windows Startup folder.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
That is the same way I have set up for win500, PROSCAN, and several others working right now in a Windows 7 computer logging data on 5 scanners on 1 Computer. Right click the icon and set it to run as administrator.

tcichowicz

Premium Subscriber
That is the same way I have set up for win500, PROSCAN, and several others working right now in a Windows 7 computer logging data on 5 scanners on 1 Computer. Right click the icon and set it to run as administrator.

I'm using FreeScan -

the server has to be started manually, AFTER the application is launched.

I can get the application launched automatically when the computer boots. Getting the server feature running is the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.