Whistler 1065

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel63

Premium Subscriber
Can RadioReference program a Whistler 1065? I don"t see this model on the program list.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Can RadioReference program a Whistler 1065? I don"t see this model on the program list.
It would be the same programming software as the discontinued PSR-500/-600, Radio Shack Pro-106/-197, or the current Pro-651/-652. The Whistler manufactured WS1040 & 1065 are basically the same scanner, as far as programming, as all of those.

tarheel63

Premium Subscriber
added expense

Do I have to pay an additional $70 to another site to create a "bridge" between RadioReference and my computer?

Thanks

greggk

Premium Subscriber
You are already a paid member of RR. As long as you have the correct software you do not need any more money, if I understand your question.

If you have the correct software, then it should have a link to connect you to the RR database.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Do I have to pay an additional $70 to another site to create a "bridge" between RadioReference and my computer?

Thanks

This link has the info for the RR web programming feature.

Web Service Programming Help - The RadioReference Wiki

As noted, you will need a software package to use on your computer to make use of the web programming service.

There is a link on the page linked above that lists the compatible software.

Also as noted previously, any software listed for these scanners will work on yours:

PSR500 or 600, Radio Shack Pro106 or 197, or the newer Radio Shack Pro651 or 652.

You will also need a programming cable...... since you have the Whistler version it should have come with a programming cable (unless you purchased it used and the seller didn't include the cable).

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Thanks
No. You can program your 1065 by keypad just as easily as I program my 197 ! No software for any price is needed. :). 73, n9zas

tarheel63

Premium Subscriber
This is my first scanner. I have paid the $30.00 to become a premium member of RR.
From everything I've read, I have to have some sort of software in order to program the scanner.
When I go to the county I want to download to the scanner, I don't see a link/button to send the information from RR to the computer.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Along with the 3 aforementioned software packages, there are a few concepts and other things working with these object oriented scanners that take some getting used to. This article from our wiki (links are always blue) has links to just about everything you need to know. Note that the bottom of this article, there are user guides for both ARC500 and Win500

Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.