ARC536: Program problems with Butell ARC 536 Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
I have ran across 2 problems with the Butel ARC 536 Basic Program Software version .99 build 5. The first one is when I enter DMR on a single frequency the program changes it to P25. The second one is when I have a large P25 trunked system there is no way to program quick keys "By Site". The "By Site" option is not a option.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Can't help with first question.

On programming quick keys by site: Setup>Quick Key Manager then Select the sites from the dropdown. You should see a box with "No Key Assigned". This will have Department [DEP] and Sites [SITE] listed. You can drag and drop the sites/departments into the appropriate quick key boxes. Note there are radio boxes to choose from for the Quick Keys which go 0-9, 10-19 etc. You can shift or control click to grab several at once if desired.

After arranging, then click OK.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
You probably set SQ Code = Search and then SQ mode is set to P25 when you save. This is normal and not an error. SQ mode field is ignored in code search mode.

Gommert
Butel Software

No, Butelsoftware. The Squelch Code is not set to search. I am trying to program a regular conventional system where one department uses analog and another department uses DMR frequencies. What should the end code be set to ? Would the end code effect it switching to p25 ? My AGC is not checked. The p25 is set to default. For some reason I program department to a DMR frequency when I save it it looks ok. When I close it and open it back up its switches to P25.

D

darunimal

digitalfrequencysearch.com can help you import your DMR after you enter your Zip Code and will give you instructions.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
I can get the DMR Frequency to work when I enter the color code. When I leave no color code it switches back to p25. I don't know how to enter a DMR Frequency in the software and make it stay a dmr it always switches back to p25, Should I program the single dmr frequency in as a DMR one frequency system ? or as a conventional channel ?

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
This is normal, in search mode it will revert to P25 , again that field is ignored. Either set a color code or search mode.

Gommert
Butel Software

So it's ok to leave a DMR Channel listed as p25 in the squelch in the program if I don't know the color code ? ? How would you program in a DMR Channel if I don't know the color code ?

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
For the 4th time you set SQ Code = Search if you do not know the dmr code.
Then the SQ mode field is IGNORED. P25 is the way the scanner stores this and is not an error.

Gommert
Butel Software

Thanks I got it that time. to work. Sorry it to so long to figure it out, You finally re-wrote it to where I could understand what you were saying. I guess I will have to get use to the software showing p25 and not DMR on the squelch.

Status
Not open for further replies.