Sentinel install problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Sentinel Issue

Hello. I actually spoke to Uniden themselves and they told me if using Windows 10, it must be a 32-bit Windows 10 version. 64-bit will NOT allow Sentinel to run. I had to uninstall Windows 10 and go back to Windows 8 on my laptop. You can find Windows 10 32-bit software but you most likely have to pay for it.

Hope this helps......

Tanner

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
There are several here running windows 10 64bit that are running sentinel for the 436 and 536.
You just may have to have a little more than plug and play skills. The Uniden Serial drivers work with 10 64bit also. Do a little research here and you will find your answers.

RDCat

Premium Subscriber
ok redownloaded nt framework 4.6.2 and Sentinel is working and now re dowloaded

N9JIG

Sheriff
Hello. I actually spoke to Uniden themselves and they told me if using Windows 10, it must be a 32-bit Windows 10 version. 64-bit will NOT allow Sentinel to run. I had to uninstall Windows 10 and go back to Windows 8 on my laptop. You can find Windows 10 32-bit software but you most likely have to pay for it.

Hope this helps......

Tanner

Both versions of Sentinel (for the 436/536 as well as the HP1 and HP2) work just fine in 64-bit Windows 10, in both updated (from earlier versions of Windows) and fresh installs.

I have never had an issue with installing it in 64-bit Windows 10 in any of the dozen or so installs I have done.

I also have not had to install .Net on these installations.

Status
Not open for further replies.