Freescan: Freescan Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
It will only upload to a certain point, then it stops and gives me this error message. I have verified it is on COM 8, and have rebooted computer already. Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• UploadFail.jpg
    UploadFail.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 546

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I just uploaded this same file to a different BCD996P2 last week without any flaws. This is a new unit I got and is giving me trouble.
I've adjusted the baud rate, and that doesn't help. No matter how many or how few systems I select, it still times out and won't upload. I read that FAQ page and nothing there seems to fit my problem. Can anyone else help?

Last edited:

kmi8dy

why do you have the " red " selection picked. " erase all systems and settings " this selection will erase ALL systems in the scanner. you should select the selection right below it "replace any existing system by the same name add remaining... ". anything in 'red " as a selection in freescan means to act as a warning, think about what your about to do.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That is not the error number, it is the number of errors that were encountered during the upload

Mike

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Here's what the error #1 is
It still hangs when I select the second option

Attachments

• Error#1.PNG
    Error#1.PNG
    11.2 KB · Views: 331

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
It is still happening, even with the second box checked. It is a timeout error and this exact file was loaded to another 996P2 last week with the same file, same cable, and same com port.

Attachments

• UploadFail2.jpg
    UploadFail2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 374

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The screen indicates that this is error number 2.
Click on the 2 and see what records are causing errors.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
Those usually turn out to be something like "WX settings missing" or "bandplan not found for system xxx", and don't normally shut down the wright to scanner.

I just uploaded this same file to a different BCD996P2 last week without any flaws. This is a new unit I got and is giving me trouble.
I've adjusted the baud rate, and that doesn't help. No matter how many or how few systems I select, it still times out and won't upload. I read that FAQ page and nothing there seems to fit my problem. Can anyone else help?
I've had this error a couple of times in the past.

You're eliminating the 'full memory' error by selecting erase all systems then send to the scanner.

If the file is unchanged since you used it on another similar (or same) model last week, then that would rule out too many TGID's in a trunked system, which is one source of this error.

What has happened to me in the past, especially when programming several different scanners, is that FreeSCAN will generate this error if it is "expecting" a different scanner. For example, say I loaded a file on one of my 396XT's. Then, tried to load, say, my BR330T. I might get this error because the software was expecting to see another 396XT to program. Try connecting the scanner to the pc with the cable, then instead of immediately loading, select the Auto, to make FreeSCAN "find" the port and identify which scanner to expect. This has worked for me in the past, and is worth a try.

marksmith

The wx error seems to be there regularly now in Freescan and does not impact the upload. I am interested in what it says for error 2 as I believe this one is erroring the upload.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
<snip>
What has happened to me in the past, especially when programming several different scanners, is that FreeSCAN will generate this error if it is "expecting" a different scanner. For example, say I loaded a file on one of my 396XT's. Then, tried to load, say, my BR330T. I might get this error because the software was expecting to see another 396XT to program. Try connecting the scanner to the pc with the cable, then instead of immediately loading, select the Auto, to make FreeSCAN "find" the port and identify which scanner to expect. This has worked for me in the past, and is worth a try.

An interesting detail, one that belongs in the FAQ (and I've added it). Thanks for sharing it...Mike

Last edited:

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I have done everything suggested above and still the same error.
I got rid of the PRO 668 because of crappy software, didn't want to have issues here. So far I have used Freescan to program a BC346XTC, BCD325P2, BC996P2 successfully. I got another BCD996P2 and this is the one that is giving me all the trouble.

Attachments

• UploadFail3.jpg
    UploadFail3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 493

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Can you post your FreeSCAN file?

I know you've checked everything that's been suggested. Looking at the error, it seems to kick out after one system is loaded. Possibly try taking out one system at a time, see if the rest will load?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
How do I post my file?
Your FreeSCAN file will have a *.996 file extension, which is not valid for the forums.

Say your file is named 'myfile.996' (without the quotes, of course). To attach it to a post, you need to either zip it with a file utility like WinZip, or 7-Zip. Or, just rename it. Instead of "myfile.996", change the name to "myfile.996.txt", and then it will work to be posted. Then, whoever looks at it removes that extra *.txt extension and can load in FreeSCAN.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Done and done. Please have a look and let me know where I am going wrong.
Thanks a million, everyone!

Attachments

• HomeBCD996P2_P2520160914.zip
    38.8 KB · Views: 34

kmi8dy

com ports can be different in another scanner, my 996p2 com port is 11. what he has to do is have the computer find its own com port on the scanner up load page. left click ounce on the rectangle box that has the com port number and the baud rate number, a new window will come up. scanner must be on and cable attached, then click on " start auto " this will pick the com port for you.

Last edited:

kmi8dy

also if he's trying to up load to much info, your only allowed 20 groups in a trunked system, and 1000 frequencies in a conventiaul system, it will refuse to upload. thats where the " insufficient resources " come in

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.