BCT15X Won't Scan Trunked System Imports From FreeSCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneBadUukha

Hi:

Proud new owner of a BCT15X here. Been using FreeSCAN to upload scanner data. It's been pretty smooth, but today I hit a snag. I added two trunked systems and their frequencies to my FreeSCAN file for upload. It worked. No errors. I can use the function knob and menu key to navigate and confirm that the groups and their data exist within the scanner.

However, those new groups are not included in the scan. The only items included in the scan are those from a conventional (480) system that already exists.

If I wipe all systems from the scanner, then upload only the trunked system, the unit returns the message "Nothing To Scan." I beg to differ.

I have attached a screen capture of the systems in my FreeSCAN file, and for those so inclined, the FreeSCAN file itself (as a txt file. You'll have to rename it as a .996).

Please have a look. Any suggestions would be grand. Thanks!

Attachments

• freescan.png
    freescan.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 367
  • CA.LACounty.996.txt
    46.4 KB · Views: 129

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Just looking at the image (I don't have FreeScan on this PC) It looks like you only have the groups programmed.

You have to program the system/site as well which has the frequencies namely the control channels.

EDACS system frequencies have to be programmed in LCN order exactly as shown in the database.

Check the instructions in the User Guide below, you missed a step or two during the download process. You have to select a site in the box on the left.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/FreeScan_User_Guide

There are a couple programming videos at the bottom of the guide which may help too.

Last edited:

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
I hope your not trying to load digital systems into an analogue scanner because they will never work.

The bcd15x only does analogue.

Good luck.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
You do not have any of the SITES (which is where the FREQUENCIES would be) for the trunked systems. An trunked sytem should have the following *tree*...
EDC System Name
Site
Frequencies *In Proper LCN Order*
Group Name
TG
TG
TG

MOT2 System Name
Site
Frequencies
Group Name
TG