FreeScan, P25 Phase I w/o TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris516

I went on Radio Reference to find the frequencies for the Federal Protective Service. It says they have a P25 Phase I setup. But there are no talkgroups?

troymail

Silent Key
I went on Radio Reference to find the frequencies for the Federal Protective Service. It says they have a P25 Phase I setup. But there are no talkgroups?

I'd suspect that unless it is a brand new system, the talkgroups are encrypted making it hard to identify usage... Is there a Wiki page associated with the system where folks are posting unknown TG finds?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Looking at the Federal page for your state, the agency shows a couple of P25 conventional frequencies. If you know that, in your specific area, they are on a trunked system, then you'd need to identify the system.

In my area, they are also P25 conventional, not encrypted at this time.

SCPD

QRT
Conventional P25 can use talkgroups but the scanner does not need them to decode the channel. Just program the frequency and NAC and you should be okay.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Programming as conventional makes it impossible to track talkgroups. Porgram as One Frequency Trunked with ID Search set, rather than ID Scan.

Chris516

Looking at the Federal page for your state, the agency shows a couple of P25 conventional frequencies. If you know that, in your specific area, they are on a trunked system, then you'd need to identify the system.

In my area, they are also P25 conventional, not encrypted at this time.
I double-checked. Not what you linked. But at this page; https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=315

That is the DC office of the FPS. Just scroll down the page to find it.

I think what threw me for a loop. At the top of the page I linked. It says the Capitol Police are on a P25 Phase I. The Federal Protective Service are on a conventional system like you said.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.