RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software - This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2018, 4:11 PM

Default Web Importing California Highway Patrol

Hi folks, I'm a novice scanner user. I purchased a used Pro-106 about 6 years ago and tinkered with it here and there. I've finally taken the time to actually program it so that it's useful to me. That said, today, I purchased a software key for Win500. I love it! I was easily able to web import the Trunked and Conventional Frequencies at the city and county level.

However, I'm at a loss as to how I do the same for the California Highway Patrol frequencies. City and County are easy enough, Once I select the county I'm interested in, the software shows me what's available. But I can find nothing for CHP. So then I tried to import a .CSV file of the frequencies but that does not work for me either.

Any suggestions, aside from programming them in the old fashion way? Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored links
Old 04-16-2018, 4:35 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

CHP is a conventional system; see the screenshot below. There is no need to select anything under 'County' for the CHP; simply select the CHP from the 'Agencies in California' drop-down box. Then expand the selection, choose what you want to scan, and import it to Win500. Enjoy!
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2018, 7:07 PM

Thumbs up Thank You!

Dude, how silly do I feel right now? I cannot believe I did not check to see if I could find agencies without first selecting the County. Your guidance worked like a charm.

Many thanks!