Icom IC-R30 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Having just received this radio I’ve been spending a lot of time programming manually. As with most new radios the available feature set and options make programming by hand somewhat daunting!
I’ve been in touch with Gommert at Butlel. I asked (having a good idea as to what the answer would be) if his R20 software would work with the R30. Not only did he say no, but he also said he has no plans to develope R30 software.
So, I’ve been searching for the Icom software for this radio to no avail. I understand that the R30 can be programmed via .crv format but have no clue as to how to make this happen. Would anyone who has performed a database import be so kind as to show a screenshot of their spreadsheet?
Thank you reading my rant!
John

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the response CQ. To the best of my knowledge no one is getting the printed advanced manual as a part of their radio delivery.
I understand what you mean regarding releasing the product without the software, but I always make a habit of learning to program manually before using the software. Just the way I do things. That said, I’m not about to manually enter all 2000 channels with their respective settings!
Time to learn how to use the CSV import routine!

Saw minimal hints in the advanced manual besides 2-9 that talks about importing.

Did your unit have a printed advanced manual? http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/manual/pdf/IC-R30_ENG_PU_0.pdf

For something like modern receivers or scanners theses days and not having computer aided programming from the get-go is a non-starter for me.

The joys of paying to be a β tester these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.