New ARC-Eazystream Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

static_charge

I wrote my own Arc-Eazystream client software. It is still in beta, but is fully operational. My client has a mute button, volume control, and inter-client chat. You can run as many instances of my client as you want so you can listen to more then one Eazystream at a time. It also has a few other features that only work with my server software. The server software is still in beta also and has not been released.

The client software is free and can be downloaded from my website, www.scansoutheasternmass.com

Enjoy,

Ray

rbm

Thanks Ray,

I tried it out and it looks good. Glad to see the Broome County, NY feed in your server list.

Rich

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
I downloaded the .exe file, attempted to open it, and it gave me an error message. It tried to open, but wen to the Windows XP error message asking me if I wanted to report the problem. Any ideas??

static_charge

matthewtomek said:
I downloaded the .exe file, attempted to open it, and it gave me an error message. It tried to open, but wen to the Windows XP error message asking me if I wanted to report the problem. Any ideas??

Are you running ARC Client while trying to run my software? If so, that could be your problem. What Anti-Virus software and Firewall are you running? Are you running any other software that connects to the internet? Have you tried running my software on another PC?

Let me know.

Ray

www.scansoutheasternmass.com

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
static_charge said:
Are you running ARC Client while trying to run my software?
No

static_charge said:
What Anti-Virus software and Firewall are you running?
Norton Anti-Virus

static_charge said:
Are you running any other software that connects to the internet?
Simplecast

static_charge said:
Have you tried running my software on another PC?
No, but I will.

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Ray,

Fantastic job on the software - I find that this client is much more stable than Butel's own client at this time. I've ran it all morning and it has not froze on me at all - great job and keep up the good work! I can't wait to see what improvements you come up with! :D

static_charge

mikea7531 said:
Ray,

Fantastic job on the software - I find that this client is much more stable than Butel's own client at this time. I've ran it all morning and it has not froze on me at all - great job and keep up the good work! I can't wait to see what improvements you come up with! :D

Thanks.

What would you like to see?

Ray

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
mikea7531 said:
Ray,

maybe he can improve other Butel software. :)

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Great job on the software! Is it possible to add more servers in the .ini file? If so, whats the proper syntax?

*edit* - Never mind. I see you can add other servers thru the File/Configuration menu.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Hi Ray,

Just curious how your server software software is coming along? I'm a big fan of your client. Very nice!

static_charge

Hi Forts,

I have been using it on my radio for about 3 or 4 months. I still have a few things to work out. I do have live logging of connections, but no IP blocking at this time. I also have to figure out how I want to handle the chat feature. Should every server have its own chat server or one central chat server with channels.

I have not done any work in the last few weeks, as I have been tied up with customer projects. I suppose I should clean it up and release it to beta.

Keep after me. If I know there is interest it motivates me to work faster :)

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.