RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2008, 12:05 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default CC only ?

I have what may be a bit of a silly question.

When I import a trucked system from radio reference, should I leave “CC only” checked? What does this mean and when should it be checked.

Thanks in advance for the help for someone a bit new.
Sponsored links
Old 01-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

Some scanners have firmware set to use as CC only full time while others have a setting which can use CC only if selected. In all cases, this option can be used only for Motorola or P25 trunking systems. EDACS and LTR trunking require all freqs for the site, and can only use one site per bank or scanlist or I think, Quick Key.

All GRE made scanners from the Pro-93 on are fixed at CC only for all ranges of Mot or P25 systems but some Unidens will work only with the setting set as CC and only with Motorola 800/900 systems.

If using Web Import, be careful to observe if this is set (usually is default) because of EDACS/LTR or maybe your scanner can't use the function for VHF/UHF Mot or P25.

A link in RRWiki has info for CC only and is defined for each scanner.

Edit: Duh Frank, guess my gear is down. Snce this is Win500 software link your scanner will use all ranges of Mot/P25 CC only and is fixed to use that feature.

Edit again: Keep it selected and determine if you have room for alt controls in a TSYS to opt out of them if necessary.

Last edited by fmon; 01-20-2008 at 12:35 PM..
Old 01-21-2008, 6:01 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thank you for the information and advice
Old 01-24-2008, 7:09 PM

Default Hit Count

Is there a way to copy the number of Hit Counts from WIN500 into an Excel Spreadsheet? If I highlight and copy the TalkGroup List the counts are not copied.
Old 01-25-2008, 4:36 PM

Default Cable Question

Hi,

Under Configuration\Serial Ports i see that when i just downloaded the newest version the box for testing if the data was sent O.K. (that I guess requires a two way cable) is
unchecked as the default.

For use with the supplied GRE USB cable with the module in the middle, do you suggest checking this box ?

Thanks,
Bob
Sponsored links

Old 01-26-2008, 4:38 PM

Default Adding Another Scan List Number Glitch ?

Don,

I think there might be a glitch here that you should probably take a look at.
Happens all the time.

Under my CONV listings, if I go to the scan list selection boxes on the right hand side of the page and click an additional one to be added, it takes the check mark O.K. but does not show in the horizontal line showing what scan lists are enabled.

Also does not show up (update) in the changed line if I select another line

But -

If I select another line, and-then-go-back-to the original one that I wanted to change, and now add the additional scan list number, it shows there just fine.

Something I'm not doing correctly perhaps ?

Regards,
Bob
Old 01-26-2008, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBRR
Don,

I think there might be a glitch here that you should probably take a look at.
Happens all the time.

Under my CONV listings, if I go to the scan list selection boxes on the right hand side of the page and click an additional one to be added, it takes the check mark O.K. but does not show in the horizontal line showing what scan lists are enabled.

Also does not show up (update) in the changed line if I select another line

But -

If I select another line, and-then-go-back-to the original one that I wanted to change, and now add the additional scan list number, it shows there just fine.

Something I'm not doing correctly perhaps ?

Regards,
Bob
I'm not able to duplicate that behavior.

Whenever I select one or more CONV objects (in the CONV tab) or TGRP objects (in the TSYS tab), then click on any of the "scan list" checkboxes to the right of the grid, the selected object(s) are immediately updated. The new setting always appears in the grid for the selected objects.
Old 01-26-2008, 6:51 PM

Default For Don: ScanList Glitch

Hi Don,

Thanks for checking it out so quickly.

I guess if nobody else chimes in with saying that they also have the "glitch,"
then it's obviously me, or my PC.

Anybody else experience this ?

Regards and thanks,
Bob
Old 01-27-2008, 9:37 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Just a side note here -

I run a desktop and a laptop with the "same" operating system - Windows XP Pro SP2. One is a Gateway and the other is a Dell. There are often minor differences in the way identical software behaves between the two machines. Something like this might account for reported "bugs" that cannot be reproduced by other users.
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2008, 10:05 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Question

Great Job Don, Just a couple of quick questions. In the TSYS objects there are several checkboxes, AGC,Supertrack, NFM,Boost and one more I cant make out, like it is cut off. What is the last box and what does the AGC stand for? Would it be possible on the Win500 monitor window to add minimize, Maximize and close to that window? Thanks to all that made this great thread as it makes a supersized help file. And Thanks Don for another great work of art.....Hser
Old 01-28-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser147
Great Job Don, Just a couple of quick questions. In the TSYS objects there are several checkboxes, AGC,Supertrack, NFM,Boost and one more I cant make out, like it is cut off. What is the last box and what does the AGC stand for?
The last column is "Notes" (resize it by dragging the right side of its header field). It's a free-form text field.
AGC is "Automatic Gain Control". It's described in the PSR-500 manual, and only impacts digital (P25) voice.
Quote:
Would it be possible on the Win500 monitor window to add minimize, Maximize and close to that window?
Use the newest (1.07) Remote Client app. Its "separate LCD window" is fully resizable, and can be dismissed with the ESC key.
Old 01-28-2008, 1:13 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Thanks Don, Just sent my payment for your software, also sending a Pm. Thanks for all your help and Hard work....................Hoser
Old 01-28-2008, 4:31 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Got another question when I input the key, it changed the Comm Port to port 9, it was set on comm 4. Dont really care why it did this but how do I get it back, im running XP? Thanks Hoser

Last edited by hoser147; 01-28-2008 at 4:40 PM..
Old 01-28-2008, 5:20 PM

Entering a registration key won't have any effect on the selected COM port. Did you perhaps download the newest version of Win500, and also extract the "INI" file? If you did, you overwrote your INI file (containing your COM4) with mine in the ZIP (which contains COM9).

The ZIP's INI file is meant only as a "starting point", in case you've never run Win500 before. If you've set up Win500 with your own preferences (COM port, main window position and size, columns selected in various grids, etc.), don't overwrite your "customized" INI file with the one from the ZIP.
Old 01-28-2008, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser147
also sending a Pm.
Replying to your PM here, since it might help others....

The "Name" field in a registration key includes more than just your name (e.g. email address, street address, ZIP code) to prevent the rare, unscrupulous user from posting keys all over the 'net.

I used to (prior to Mar 2004) tie registration keys to hardware configurations. This became a major hassle for both me and users; as soon as someone replaced a network card, their Win96 key stopped working. I changed the key generation in Mar 2004 to include "personal" information instead of hardware config info. This doesn't prevent someone from giving their key to a trusted conspirator (relative, friend), but I'd think it should keep keys from floating around the 'net.

Yes, it's a little more difficult to type such a long name/key pair, but that's what copy/paste is for.
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2008, 5:44 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Thanks had a brain fart on the comm port just restarted. I would have ask on this forum but with the info it would have been hard to do. I just noticed when I purchased Win 96 that it was a long Name field and thought it was my doin's. Thats why I ask when the Win500 came out the same. Thanks Hser
Old 01-28-2008, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipesy
Is there a way to copy the number of Hit Counts from WIN500 into an Excel Spreadsheet? If I highlight and copy the TalkGroup List the counts are not copied.
Based on the number of responses I guess the answer is NO!
Old 01-28-2008, 8:18 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonS
Entering a registration key won't have any effect on the selected COM port. Did you perhaps download the newest version of Win500, and also extract the "INI" file? If you did, you overwrote your INI file (containing your COM4) with mine in the ZIP (which contains COM9)..
Thats what I did and that is why it changed to comm9. I just changed it back to 4 and restarted the machine due to updates on an antivirus software. When I installed the 1.40 and the Client 1.07, However the client is not coming up but the old client is still running? Ive have tried to bring up the 1.07 several times and get a address or comm port window, but the older version is still able to function. States" Log file does not exist.".......Any Ideas? Hoser

Last edited by hoser147; 01-28-2008 at 10:28 PM..
Old 01-29-2008, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonS
I can. I'll work on it later today.

Over the PC/IF (USB cable) connection? No. If you want audio, you'll need to connect the scanner's headphone jack to an input on your computer.

It loads a text file that defines operations for all the V-Scanner folders, versus manually clicking each button, selecting files, etc. It looks like this:
Code:
# V-Scanner folder config file
#
# Folder 0:
<empty>
# Folder 1:
c:\program files\winxx\PSR-500\VS\VS01.P500
# Folder 2:
c:\program files\winxx\PSR-500\VS\VS02.P500
# Folder 19:
c:\program files\winxx\PSR-500\VS\VS19.P500
# Folder 20:
c:\program files\winxx\PSR-500\VS\VS20.P500
Blank lines and lines that begin with '#' are ignored. After ignoring such lines, the result is 21 lines, each of which is the full pathname of a file to load into a V-Scanner folder, or the text "<empty>", which means clear that folder. In the example above, folder 0 is cleared, and folders 1-20 are loaded with "VSnn.P500" files, where nn is the folder number.

Until the Help text is written, I wouldn't recommend using the "Load Config" item, unless you're familiar with it from Win96 (or Win96's Help file).
Is the way that the files are loaded into the various VS folders due to the position in the configuration file meaning that the file does not have to be named V01.P500 to be placed into the first folder, rather if I wanted say dallas.p500 loaded in the first VS it would be

#
# Folder 0:
<empty>
# Folder 1:
c:\program files\winxx\PSR-500\VS\dallas.P500
# Folder 2:
<empty>

Is this a correct interpretation of your instructions?
Old 01-29-2008, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ske1eter
Is the way that the files are loaded into the various VS folders due to the position in the configuration file meaning that the file does not have to be named V01.P500 to be placed into the first folder, rather if I wanted say dallas.p500 loaded in the first VS it would be

#
# Folder 0:
<empty>
# Folder 1:
c:\program files\winxx\PSR-500\VS\dallas.P500
# Folder 2:
<empty>

Is this a correct interpretation of your instructions?
Yes, that's correct.
Closed Thread