Official Butel ARC-500 Software Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
This is the Official Butel ARC-500 Software Thread:

The ARC-500 software is for the GRE PSR-500/600 series Scanners.

Butel: [SIZE=-1]http://www.butelsoftware.com

The ARC-500 software has not been released yet. Coming December 2007!

Butel will post updates, when they become available.

[/SIZE]

Last edited:

JASII

Memory Capacity
Arc-500

I was looking at the Butel web page a little bit ago and I don't see whether it will have the history logging function. I assume it will, but I will keep watching to make sure. I have a Uniden Bearcat BCD996T now and I use it with the ARC996PRO. I particularly enjoy checking the history log to check for activity on either conventional frequencies or trunked system talk groups.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Why bother starting yet another sticky thread when the product isn't even been released yet...

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Dubbin said:
Why bother starting yet another sticky thread when the product isn't even been released yet...

Oh I don't know maybe he doesn't want 10 different ARC-500 "When is it coming out, what features, etc" threads and as you can see above you someone already has a question about the software and without this sticky would have most like started a thread for it anyhow...:roll: Lets let Dubbin worry about Dubbin, m'kay :)

Dubbin

Feed Provider
scanner_freak said:
Oh I don't know maybe he doesn't want 10 different ARC-500 "When is it coming out, what features, etc" threads and as you can see above you someone already has a question about the software and without this sticky would have most like started a thread for it anyhow...:roll: Lets let Dubbin worry about Dubbin, m'kay :)

Without this sticky I bet he would have never asked... The only reason I said anything is because the amount of sticky threads in these forums is ridicules.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Dubbin said:
Without this sticky I bet he would have never asked... The only reason I said anything is because the amount of sticky threads in these forums is ridicules.

Every single sticky here servers a purpose, no one forces you to read them..We are off topic now, so lets move on :cool:

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
This topic was started due to a request by PM from Butel. and also to prevent more threads created for the topic.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Dubbin said:
I sure could prove you wrong on that one but as usual you wouldn't want to be proved wrong.

Send me a PM with every sticky you think is useless, and I will look at them and discuss it with the other mods, hows that? :)

DonS

I generally avoid making remarks in threads dedicated to competing software (since I cannot offer unbiased comments), but this is a little disturbing...

A Google search for "psr-500 software" shows the BuTel ARC500 pre-order page (http://www.butel.nl/orderinfo/priceinfo_500.html) as the second result. Within that page is the tag:
<meta name="description" content="ARC96 comp. with Win96 - data management software for the PRO-96 and PRO-2096 digital trunking scanners">
(It's the above text that shows up in Google's little synopsis of the page)

Strangely, the Win96 web page's source contains:
<meta name="description" content="Win96 - data management software for the PRO-96 and PRO-2096 digital trunking scanners">

BuTel needs to fire their webmaster. The replacement should edit the ARC500 pre-order page, removing the text that a) seems to have been copied/pasted from my web site, b) references a totally unrelated radio, and c) seems to mention an ARC product that never existed.

Hmmm.... that "funny" meta tag also shows up in http://www.butel.nl/orderinfo/priceinfo_433.html

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
DonS said:
I generally avoid making remarks in threads dedicated to competing software (since I cannot offer unbiased comments), but this is a little disturbing...

A Google search for "psr-500 software" shows the BuTel ARC500 pre-order page (http://www.butel.nl/orderinfo/priceinfo_500.html) as the second result. Within that page is the tag:
<meta name="description" content="ARC96 comp. with Win96 - data management software for the PRO-96 and PRO-2096 digital trunking scanners">
(It's the above text that shows up in Google's little synopsis of the page)

Strangely, the Win96 web page's source contains:
<meta name="description" content="Win96 - data management software for the PRO-96 and PRO-2096 digital trunking scanners">

BuTel needs to fire their webmaster. The replacement should edit the ARC500 pre-order page, removing the text that a) seems to have been copied/pasted from my web site, b) references a totally unrelated radio, and c) seems to mention an ARC product that never existed.

Hmmm.... that "funny" meta tag also shows up in http://www.butel.nl/orderinfo/priceinfo_433.html
Danm, that is real messed up on Butel's Website manager's part.
blowup.gif

JASII

Memory Capacity
Arc-500

I am still trying to determine if the ARC-500 will program BOTH the GRE PSR-500 AND the PSR-600. So far it appears as if it will. Also, I am wondering if there will be BOTH a Basic and a Pro version similar to ARC996, but it appears as if there will simply be one version.

D

DaveNF2G

My beta 0.8 has expired and there does not appear to be a newer version at the link. Are we about to see version 1.0 released?

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
JASII said:
I am still trying to determine if the ARC-500 will program BOTH the GRE PSR-500 AND the PSR-600. So far it appears as if it will. Also, I am wondering if there will be BOTH a Basic and a Pro version similar to ARC996, but it appears as if there will simply be one version.

ARC500 programs BOTH the PSR-500 and the PSR-600, see our website for details.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Status
Not open for further replies.