RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 8:41 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Bug when clicking icon in notification area

Problem: When clicking on the little scanner icon in the notification area, the program crashes.

I have had this problem before, I uninstalled it and re installed it and it corrected itself. It happened again tonight.

What I have noticed and it is repeatable, When you have the view selected to "Scanner Only" then minimize it. Clicking on the Icon will crash the program. When I have "Normal View" selected, it works fine.

I am using ver 5.8 Windows 7 64bit. Fresh install on new rig. (This also happened on my old rig as well)

Can anyone see if it happens to them?

Thank You

K1SPL
Sponsored links
Old 08-15-2012, 8:07 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryton View Post
Problem: When clicking on the little scanner icon in the notification area, the program crashes.

I have had this problem before, I uninstalled it and re installed it and it corrected itself. It happened again tonight.

What I have noticed and it is repeatable, When you have the view selected to "Scanner Only" then minimize it. Clicking on the Icon will crash the program. When I have "Normal View" selected, it works fine.

I am using ver 5.8 Windows 7 64bit. Fresh install on new rig. (This also happened on my old rig as well)

Can anyone see if it happens to them?

Thank You

This was fixed a few days ago. It will be in the next release. Thanks
Old 08-15-2012, 8:21 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
This was fixed a few days ago. It will be in the next release. Thanks
Thank You!

K1SPL
Old 08-15-2012, 9:51 AM

here is an example

2OPS32 on a site <Campbellford Site>

2OPS32 on a different sites Bannockburn Demortsvillle Harrowsmith Mountain Grove

Program logging on see it connect with the first site only

even though it connects to the other sites.

in the history logging is doesn't show the other sites
Unless you set it up to record every transmit .

it works fine with Butel ARC996 Pro
Old 08-15-2012, 7:59 PM

I think the problem radio_RADIO is referring to is the same one I reported back on post 384 - if two systems happen to use the same talkgroup number, ProScan will combine recordings into the same file rather than separating them by system, unless you set it up to record each transmission separately. Caused a big problem on the one-channel trunk P25 systems which all seem to use talkgroup "1" on their system. I don't think this has ever been changed. I just got used to not recording multiple systems at the same time, or operating only in conventional mode and not recording radio IDs.
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2012, 12:59 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzav View Post
I think the problem radio_RADIO is referring to is the same one I reported back on post 384 - if two systems happen to use the same talkgroup number, ProScan will combine recordings into the same file rather than separating them by system, unless you set it up to record each transmission separately. Caused a big problem on the one-channel trunk P25 systems which all seem to use talkgroup "1" on their system. I don't think this has ever been changed. I just got used to not recording multiple systems at the same time, or operating only in conventional mode and not recording radio IDs.
I did a lot of work to the recorder sense then. Try the latest 5.8. If still a problem, email me with the following:
Scanner Type
Exactly what the problem is
Options pertaining to the bug

I'll have time next Monday to look at this.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:05 AM

[QUOTE=ProScan;1802950]I did a lot of work to the recorder sense then. Try the latest 5.8.

I don't think its the recorder. I think it has to do with the history logging.I think the recorder follows the logging.

I am using the latest version 5.9 +5 On holidays playing with your software.

But i am glad someone else has seen the issue i am talking about.
Old 08-16-2012, 7:18 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I've been searching for 30min and have given up. I know I read it here and can't find it.

If you want to delay the startup of ProScan in the Windows Startup menu, what is the option cmd?

This way I can let all my other stuff load at startup and then ProScan will load.

MaineBoxAlarm on Twitter
Old 08-19-2012, 7:40 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I'm using ProScan 5.8 to record a few radio channels from a BC785D scanner. I'd like to be able to record the files in 1-hr. segments (rather than each transmission having it's own file), and skip the silence. I can figure out how to do this, however I can't figure out how to reliably determine the time of each transmission within the audio file.

For example, if a unit transmits at 08:45 (as measured from the start of the audio file), how do I correlate this with the actual clock time?

If this isn't something that's currently available, would it be possible to consider for a future release? Ideally, perhaps each audio file segment could have an associated log file that contained information similar to the "History Log.txt" file, but with the addition of a column for "audio time counter" that would show the current position in the MP3 file for each transmission.

Thanks...and thanks for the great software and support - much appreciated.

- Brian
Sponsored links

Old 08-19-2012, 1:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenosine View Post
I've been searching for 30min and have given up. I know I read it here and can't find it.

If you want to delay the startup of ProScan in the Windows Startup menu, what is the option cmd?

This way I can let all my other stuff load at startup and then ProScan will load.
Try this
r2 Studios - News

Startup Delayer version 3.0

Thats the first thing google showed me.
Old 08-19-2012, 1:34 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by belias View Post
I'm using ProScan 5.8 to record a few radio channels from a BC785D scanner. I'd like to be able to record the files in 1-hr. segments (rather than each transmission having it's own file), and skip the silence. I can figure out how to do this, however I can't figure out how to reliably determine the time of each transmission within the audio file.

For example, if a unit transmits at 08:45 (as measured from the start of the audio file), how do I correlate this with the actual clock time?

If this isn't something that's currently available, would it be possible to consider for a future release? Ideally, perhaps each audio file segment could have an associated log file that contained information similar to the "History Log.txt" file, but with the addition of a column for "audio time counter" that would show the current position in the MP3 file for each transmission.

- Brian
See I do all my audio files as there own files for this purpose. each file is start and end stamped. Filed in it's own directory etc...

Each night at 11:58pm I have a batch process that zips all up the files from the day and archives them. If I ever need to find a file I just unzip and they are all there.

Why do you want them in 1hr segments?
Old 08-19-2012, 2:26 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The separate audio files work great for keeping track of the time, however when we go to review an incident (EMS call), there can be 10+ "segments" for each call... This can be kind of a hassle to review.

Good idea with the batch archive thought, I'll have to give this a try.

And one other ProScan request: We typically record to a network attached storage drive. This works great, except when it happens to go down (for whatever reason - firmware update, etc.), ProScan displays a "recording error" and automatically switches off recording mode. It would be great if it could retry the destination and resume when it's available again... Just a thought.

Thanks again.
Old 08-19-2012, 2:28 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
The separate audio files work great for keeping track of the time, however when we go to review an incident (EMS call), there can be 10+ "segments" for each call... This can be kind of a hassle to review.

Good idea with the batch archive thought, I'll have to give this a try.

And one other ProScan request: We typically record to a network attached storage drive. This works great, except when it happens to go down (for whatever reason - firmware update, etc.), ProScan displays a "recording error" and automatically switches off recording mode. It would be great if it could retry the destination and resume when it's available again... Just a thought.

Thanks again.
I use a program called Foobar to dump all my audio files into and play from there.

As for your NAS issue. You could record to a local drive and then archive to the NAS each day.
Old 08-19-2012, 3:58 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:

- Brian
Thanks for the compliment. Suggestions should be emailed so I can have organize them and sending out previews. That being said, it will be a while as I have a new feature, I'm working on and will release a new version of ProScan free client and RadioFeed first.
Old 08-19-2012, 4:01 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
Thanks for the compliment. Suggestions should be emailed so I can have organize them and sending out previews. That being said, it will be a while as I have a new feature, I'm working on and will release a new version of ProScan free client and RadioFeed first.
Do you think it would be possible to embed the date/time stamp in the meta data of the mp3. would an audio player pick them up as a multi-track mp3 and change the tags each time audio is played.

No idea if that will work.
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2012, 4:01 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenosine View Post

No option in ProScan for that. Just curious why you want to delay ProScan starting up.
Old 08-19-2012, 4:13 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:

- Brian
Try unchecking the "Each Transmission New Row" and set "Max. Recording Time" to 60 minutes.
Old 08-19-2012, 4:25 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstar22 View Post
Do you think it would be possible to embed the date/time stamp in the meta data of the mp3. would an audio player pick them up as a multi-track mp3 and change the tags each time audio is played.

No idea if that will work.
Date/Time(or any user selectable data) metadata can be embedded in mp3's. The problem is the media players that don't support metadata like WMP. They will think the data is audio and the mp3 frames will loose sync. Maybe ID3 tags.
Old 08-19-2012, 5:42 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Web Server - Need Testers

Anyone would like to test the Web Server Remote Control (Display & Keypad) capability?

Should be releasing 6.0 soon with all the Web Server enhancements that were added in the 5.9 test series.

http://www.proscan.org/ProScan_test_6.zip

Unzip and copy the files in to the ProScan folder.
  • Added - Web Server - Remote Control with display & keypad.
  • Added - Web Server - Now any media player can play a password protected audio stream. Click the "Listen Live" link and a password prompt will appear.
  • Added - Web Server - Now the stream name can be changed which is part of the URL.
  • Changed - Web Server - Improved the appearance of the Web Server pages.

I should add that you have to log in as administrator and turn the virtual scanner on.

Last edited by ProScan; 08-19-2012 at 5:45 PM..
Old 08-22-2012, 11:24 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default 5.9

I downloaded the new test file for the display and keypad, but I am not seeing it when logging into my webserver.

How do I log in as an administrator and turn on virtual scanner??
Thanks!

Tags
bc785d with proscan 6.6