RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 11:28 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I figured it out! Thanks! This is amazing!!
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2012, 12:23 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilAirNJ View Post
I downloaded the new test file for the display and keypad, but I am not seeing it when logging into my webserver.

How do I log in as an administrator and turn on virtual scanner??
Thanks!
  1. In the Web Server tab, enter an Administrator password.
  2. On the Web Server page, log in using the Administrator password from step 1.
  3. After logged in as Administrator then click the Turn Scanner Control On button.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:31 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilAirNJ View Post
I figured it out! Thanks! This is amazing!!
Thanks, I will be doing more(actually a lot more) to the web server like adding rotating knobs for the big knob, vol, etc and detect when key pressed for more then 2 seconds, download/upload, etc...
Old 08-22-2012, 5:05 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Bob,
The web server updates are looking great! Thanks for them!

The only thing I have noticed is versions 5.8 and previous streamed in mp3 and m3u formats. The newer test files seem to only stream in .m3u format, which I can not seem to make work on my embedded java players. Would it be possibly to add mp3 back?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 08-22-2012, 7:06 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshadwick View Post
Bob,
The web server updates are looking great! Thanks for them!

The only thing I have noticed is versions 5.8 and previous streamed in mp3 and m3u formats. The newer test files seem to only stream in .m3u format, which I can not seem to make work on my embedded java players. Would it be possibly to add mp3 back?

Thanks,
Mark
You need to put the "stream" name after the URL in the media player.

BTW ProScan along with all the others streams in mp3. m3u is a playlist containing the URL of the mp3.

Last edited by ProScan; 08-22-2012 at 8:28 PM..
Sponsored links

Old 08-22-2012, 7:45 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
No option in ProScan for that. Just curious why you want to delay ProScan starting up.
I wanted to delay when the computer runs through a restart. I have multiple ProScan's trying to come up when my antivirus powers up and my other audio programs. I was looking for a way to eliminate the bottleneck.

I finally found what I was looking for under a ScannerCast Post. It was the NirCMD utility.

MaineBoxAlarm on Twitter
Old 08-22-2012, 9:40 PM

Wirelessly posted (Clacking rocks together: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; DROID X2 Build/4.5.1A-DTN-150-30) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

From at least ver 5.6 to 5.8, when the UI is minimized to the notification area, clicking on it freezes the software and it must be shutdown. Thoughts?

Win7-32
Old 08-22-2012, 9:46 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by datainmotion View Post
Wirelessly posted (Clacking rocks together: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; DROID X2 Build/4.5.1A-DTN-150-30) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

From at least ver 5.6 to 5.8, when the UI is minimized to the notification area, clicking on it freezes the software and it must be shutdown. Thoughts?

Win7-32

That was fixed a few days ago.
This is a preview of 6.0. It's called a test file but it's production quality.

http://www.proscan.org/ProScan_test_6.zip

Unzip and copy the files in to the ProScan folder.

Last edited by ProScan; 08-22-2012 at 10:11 PM..
Old 08-23-2012, 12:54 AM

As usual Bob - you're all over it like a bad smell.
Sponsored links

Old 08-23-2012, 12:02 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
You need to put the "stream" name after the URL in the media player.

BTW ProScan along with all the others streams in mp3. m3u is a playlist containing the URL of the mp3.
Thanks for the info Bob. Sent you a pm.

Mark
Old 08-24-2012, 8:47 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default ProScan 6.0 Web Browser Remote Control

ProScan now has Remote Control capability using a Web browser to connect to the ProScan Web Server. Log in as the Administrator to turn the Scanner Control on. JavaScript and Cookies has to be enabled for this to work.

ProScan 6.0
  • Added - Web Server - Remote Control Scanner.
  • Added - Web Server - Now any media player can play a password protected audio stream. Click the "Listen Live" link and a password prompt will appear.
  • Added - Web Server - Now the stream name can be changed which is part of the URL.
  • Changed - Web Server - Improved the appearance of the Web Server pages.
  • Fixed - Crash when minimizing to the Notification area.
ProScan supports the BCD996XT, BCD396XT, BCT15X, BC346XT, BCD996T, BCD396T, BCT15, BR330T, BC796D, BC785D, BC780XLT, BC296D, and the BC250D scanners.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanning software in this world.

Last edited by ProScan; 08-24-2012 at 8:54 PM..
Old 08-25-2012, 7:09 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

SWEET! I'm liking this update very much.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:47 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I would like to point something out I find odd but it just may be me.

To remotely control a scanner using the software you need a license, the free client only on the website does not allow remote controlling. But you just enabled anyone to remote control the scanner from a web interface but this doesn't require a license. Now I am not complaining I just wanted to point it out.

YAY! Proscan
Old 08-25-2012, 11:11 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstar22 View Post
But you just enabled anyone to remote control the scanner from a web interface but this doesn't require a license.
Not just anyone but one with the admin password can control the scanner.

Quote:
To remotely control a scanner using the software you need a license, the free client only on the website does not allow remote controlling.
You're referring to the ProScan Remote Scanner Over IP client mode. Remember it has a Logger, Recorder, Database (download & upload),etc.. You've followed ProScan for a long time and you know that I like to add every feature doable.

Last edited by ProScan; 08-25-2012 at 11:13 PM..
Old 08-29-2012, 4:51 PM

Thumbs up ProScan rocks!

Bob, I just started using ProScan the other day with my 346XT and 996T, and I am truly impressed by how fantastic it is. I previously used FreeSCAN for programming and ARC-XT Pro for logging, but was never impressed with the latter and so I basically gave up for a while on trying to control my scanner remotely or logging hits/audio with the Unidens. ProScan has renewed my faith that high quality software really does exist for the Unidens. So far, the RSoIP control, logging and recording has been flawless. I haven't even explored many of the other features yet, but I certainly look forward to doing so.

I don't normally gush about stuff like this, but this program is worth every penny of the $50 licensing fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenosine View Post
I wanted to delay when the computer runs through a restart. I have multiple ProScan's trying to come up when my antivirus powers up and my other audio programs. I was looking for a way to eliminate the bottleneck.

I finally found what I was looking for under a ScannerCast Post. It was the NirCMD utility.
Glad you found my old post! Nircmd is an awesome command line utility, I would be lost without it and use it for a bunch of little things. It just makes life so much easier.
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2012, 10:03 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenosine View Post

You could also do a VBS with a wait in between each EXE start. You could then put it in your startup folder with an auto-login. Or, put the VBS into an EXE and add it to the registry to load at boot or do a scheduled task.
Old 09-06-2012, 9:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I just installed and ran both ProScan Server v6.0 and Client v5.5 on Windows 8. After .Net 2.0 was installed, they both seem to install and function correctly. I didn't try connecting a scanner or much of anything else; just wanted to see if they would install.
Old 09-07-2012, 9:06 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default ProScan 6.1

This is a small but important update
ProScan 6.1

Added - Scanner Over IP Server published servers can include the Country, State / Provice, & County / Region.
Fixed - Web Server - Non DMA scanners virtual keyboard numeric keys wasn't working on the web page.
Fixed - Scanner Over IP Server not allowing clients to connect in some cases depending on the computer region settings.
Fixed - Frequency Tune direct entry and band Scope "Tune Scanner To Marker" button was changing the Close Call Settings

ProScan supports the BCD996XT, BCD396XT, BCT15X, BC346XT, BCD996T, BCD396T, BCT15, BR330T, BC796D, BC785D, BC780XLT, BC296D, and the BC250D scanners.

Old 09-07-2012, 9:07 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default ProScan 6.1

ProScan 6.1 is a small but important update
  • Added - Scanner Over IP Server - Published servers can include the Country, State / Province, & County / Region.
  • Fixed - Web Server - Non DMA scanners virtual keyboard numeric keys wasn't working on the web page.
  • Fixed - Scanner Over IP Server not allowing clients to connect in some cases depending on the computer region settings.
  • Fixed - Frequency Tune direct entry and band Scope "Tune Scanner To Marker" button was changing the Close Call Settings.

Last edited by ProScan; 09-07-2012 at 9:27 PM..
Old 09-07-2012, 9:09 PM

Bob, many thanks again for putting up with my emails the past week, and thanks for getting those issues taken care of with 6.1!

Tags
bc785d with proscan 6.6