RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 11:17 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Connection Aborted by software in host machine

Continually getting this error. I have Proscan server installed on two different machines. One is running Windows 7 and the other is Windows XP. Same error. This started happening once I upgraded to 6.2. has this been happening to anyone else?
Attached Images

Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2012, 12:49 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Remote Scanner Over IP error 6.2

Been having this problem for awhile. Shows my remote scanner over IP is running but does not show up in the punlished servers. I have to keep restarting proscan for it to finally show up. Its weird how it shows as though its running but the button still says "Start".. But when I press the start button it says the port is already in use and running.. Picture attached..

Windows 7
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2012, 9:12 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilAirNJ View Post
Been having this problem for awhile. Shows my remote scanner over IP is running but does not show up in the punlished servers. I have to keep restarting proscan for it to finally show up. Its weird how it shows as though its running but the button still says "Start".. But when I press the start button it says the port is already in use and running.. Picture attached..

Windows 7
Please don't be insulted by this question.

Are you behind a router? If so, do you have port-forwarding enabled and pointing that port 1111 to the host PC?
Old 12-06-2012, 6:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thumbs down Proscan Help

1. I paid for the proscan licsense and I am not able to sign in to the support forums why????

2. Do I have to have a Proscan Scanner (hardware in order to use the (Software one?)

3. I dowloaded the data base from RR trunk system thinking that I could listen the Online Scanner???
Welcome to forums
Nov 29, 2012 03:00:01 PST
Receipt No: 2715-6804-9808-7940

Hello Angel L Montes,
You sent a payment of $50.00 USD to ProScan.
This charge will appear on your credit card statement as payment to PAYPAL *PROSCAN.
Merchant information
ProScan
support@proscan.org
ProScan
Instructions to merchant
None provided
Description Unit price Qty Amount
ProScan - 1 License
$50.00 USD 1 $50.00 USD

Total: $50.00 USD

Please keep this receipt number for future reference. You'll need it if you contact customer service at ProScan or PayPal.
Invoice ID:11937

Please keep this e-mail for your records. Your account information is as
follows:

----------------------------
Username: montes1

Board URL: • Index page

Your account is currently inactive and will need to be approved by an
administrator before you can log in. Another email will be sent when this
has occurred.

Your password has been securely stored in our database and cannot be
retrieved. In the event that it is forgotten, you will be able to reset it
using the email address associated with your account.

Thank you for registering.

--
Bob

Help is appreciated

Aladino52
Old 12-06-2012, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aladino52 View Post
1. I paid for the proscan licsense and I am not able to sign in to the support forums why????

2. Do I have to have a Proscan Scanner (hardware in order to use the (Software one?)

3. I dowloaded the data base from RR trunk system thinking that I could listen the Online Scanner???
Welcome to forums
Nov 29, 2012 03:00:01 PST

Hello Angel L Montes,
You sent a payment of $50.00 USD to ProScan.
This charge will appear on your credit card statement as payment to PAYPAL *PROSCAN.
Merchant information
ProScan
support@proscan.org
ProScan
Instructions to merchant
None provided
Description Unit price Qty Amount
ProScan - 1 License
$50.00 USD 1 $50.00 USD

Total: $50.00 USD

Please keep this receipt number for future reference. You'll need it if you contact customer service at ProScan or PayPal.
Invoice ID:11937

follows:

has occurred.

--
Bob

Help is appreciated

Aladino52
WHAT??? Did you read what the software is for? Did you actually think the software would be a "scanner"? It is for controlling, recording, and programming certain scanners (listed on their website). You need to create an account to post on the ProScan forums. And as far as Bob's support, his support is WAY better then the other popular over-priced scanner software and is better than any other software vendor I've ever dealt with (and I'm a Software Engineer at work).

Last edited by mike_s104; 12-06-2012 at 7:45 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2012, 4:46 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Proscan Help

Created!!!! long time ago.... still cant logging

follows:

has occurred.

--
Bob
Old 12-28-2012, 8:00 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Two Issues?

These may have been mentioned previously, but:

1. Under the Database --> Quick/Search Keys tab --> Group Quick Keys Status section, a complete listing of all systems do not appear in the dropdown

and

2. the GQK's settings don't appear to always take. For example, after setting GQK 9 to "off" on many systems, it's "on" or enabled after being uploaded to the scanner and requires manually disabling. Some GQK's are assigned to multiple groups, but the total number of groups do not exceed 20.

Thanks

Last edited by 4436time; 12-28-2012 at 8:43 AM..
Old 12-29-2012, 12:39 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4436time View Post
These may have been mentioned previously, but:

1. Under the Database --> Quick/Search Keys tab --> Group Quick Keys Status section, a complete listing of all systems do not appear in the dropdown

and

2. the GQK's settings don't appear to always take. For example, after setting GQK 9 to "off" on many systems, it's "on" or enabled after being uploaded to the scanner and requires manually disabling. Some GQK's are assigned to multiple groups, but the total number of groups do not exceed 20.

Thanks
Item 1 I'm unable to duplicate problem. Try downloading the systems and configuration. All systems should appear. You may be looking at the grid on the left of the combo box and you are trying to match the data. That grid show not only the systems but sites, search(service and custom), and close call quick keys.

Item 2 Can not duplicate. Does it always happen to GQK 9 or the others too? You say sometimes. Does sometimes it works?

Last edited by ProScan; 12-29-2012 at 1:00 PM..
Old 12-29-2012, 10:35 PM

Default Recording calls instead of transmissions

My apologies I'm posting this before reading the thread (though I'm going to try to go through it).

First of all, ProScan is a pretty decent program. $50 seems costly, but it really seems to be multiple programs in one. I don't know of any other that will handle scanner programming, control, logging, recording, broadcasting and file serving.

But is there a way to not close the recording files right when each transmission is done (when "Each Trans. New Row" is selected in the recording tab)? Maybe have the recordings follow the scanner delay settings?

Now, we're ending up with a ton of small files, which creates a lot of overhead and breaks up what is obviously parts of the same call (e.g. another transmission on the same channel seconds later).

Also, it would be good if the wording of "Recording Grid Auto Delete" on the Recording tab of the Options dialog was changed to reflect that the recording files themselves get deleted from the hard drive and not just the entries in the program. Either that or change it so it doesn't necessarily delete the files. We lost months of recordings before realizing what was happening.

In addition, when "Delete < 2 Seconds Log Entries" is checked, the actual short recording files get created and then left behind. They never get logged so they never get deleted. Just an observation.

Lastly, it would be nice if the program worked with the Pro-197 like RadioFeed does. I currently use a combination of RadioFeed and Win500 for that scanner and can't get recordings in MP3 or broadcast metadata (Win500 controls the port).

Thanks!
Sponsored links

Old 12-30-2012, 6:15 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
Item 1 I'm unable to duplicate problem. Try downloading the systems and configuration. All systems should appear. You may be looking at the grid on the left of the combo box and you are trying to match the data. That grid show not only the systems but sites, search(service and custom), and close call quick keys.

Item 2 Can not duplicate. Does it always happen to GQK 9 or the others too? You say sometimes. Does sometimes it works?
I downloaded from the scanner and all systems now show up under the GQK drop down. All # 9 GQK's came back as Not Assigned, but I turned them off, uploaded, and now everything looks good.

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2012, 3:13 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilAirNJ View Post
Continually getting this error. I have Proscan server installed on two different machines. One is running Windows 7 and the other is Windows XP. Same error. This started happening once I upgraded to 6.2. has this been happening to anyone else?
"Bumping" this up because I am having the same issue. Two different computers, Win7 and XP, connected by ethernet to the router. Feed is dropping clients, without exception, every 15 min or so and also dropping the connection to a private RR feed i have set up. They get the "Server not responding (3) An established connection was aborted by..." message and the log for the Proscan running as server says "Client offline: abnormal" when it drops the client.

However, if I use a computer on my network to connect as a Remoter Over IP client to my feed like anyone else would, I never get dropped...I assume it has something to do with me being on the same network, but it seems it shouldn't.

Doing continuous Pings of my router and the IP used for the feed to see if this shows the problem. Have Proscan Version is 6.2. Have tried different Baud rates, rebooted everything, changed server Ports, no change. Have ordered a new serial/USB cable.

Any other suggestions??

Last edited by gregsto; 12-31-2012 at 3:17 PM..
Old 12-31-2012, 7:26 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecitytransit View Post
But is there a way to not close the recording files right when each transmission is done (when "Each Trans. New Row" is selected in the recording tab)? Maybe have the recordings follow the scanner delay settings?

Now, we're ending up with a ton of small files, which creates a lot of overhead and breaks up what is obviously parts of the same call (e.g. another transmission on the same channel seconds later).
Unchecking the option "Each Transmission New Row" will keep each TGID or frequency together.

Quote:
Also, it would be good if the wording of "Recording Grid Auto Delete" on the Recording tab of the Options dialog was changed to reflect that the recording files themselves get deleted from the hard drive and not just the entries in the program. Either that or change it so it doesn't necessarily delete the files. We lost months of recordings before realizing what was happening.
It can be change.

Quote:
In addition, when "Delete < 2 Seconds Log Entries" is checked, the actual short recording files get created and then left behind. They never get logged so they never get deleted. Just an observation.
I will look at this
Old 12-31-2012, 7:30 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsto View Post
"Bumping" this up because I am having the same issue. Two different computers, Win7 and XP, connected by ethernet to the router. Feed is dropping clients, without exception, every 15 min or so and also dropping the connection to a private RR feed i have set up. They get the "Server not responding (3) An established connection was aborted by..." message and the log for the Proscan running as server says "Client offline: abnormal" when it drops the client.

However, if I use a computer on my network to connect as a Remoter Over IP client to my feed like anyone else would, I never get dropped...I assume it has something to do with me being on the same network, but it seems it shouldn't.

Doing continuous Pings of my router and the IP used for the feed to see if this shows the problem. Have Proscan Version is 6.2. Have tried different Baud rates, rebooted everything, changed server Ports, no change. Have ordered a new serial/USB cable.

Any other suggestions??
Are you using AVG anti-virus software by any chance? What is common to the problem? That may help determine where the problem is.

Baud rates and serial/USB should not be a factor as that has nothing to do with streaming over the internet.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:37 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Sorry should have noted that I an NOT using AVG Anti-virus software. I have Avast! and have even tried disabling all of its shield protections to no avail.

I have had three different users connect to the feed as clients, with and without password access, from 3 different states and all have the same experience of getting disconnected every 10-15 minutes...continuously. Meaning none are ever connected longer than that. They all have the auto reconnect set and do get reconnected in a minute or two only to have the cycle repeat itself.

I have the feed connected to a private RR feed via the Source Client function and RR is disconnected every 10-15 min the same way. As I said, this is happening on two different computers, one with Windows 7 and one with XP. Switching between the two computers does not change the results. So it seems that the only commonality is the same network and router. I am on a cable modem with a 20-25 Mbps connection speed. The chosen server port has been opened in the router, which is a linksys WRT54GS. The computers are connected by two different ethernet cables to two different ethernet ports on the router. I have even tried setting the QoS options in the router to give the computer running proscan high priority for its network traffic.

I have been using the Remote Scanner Over IP Server since before thanksgiving and initially clients would get dropped once maybe twice an hour. Now it is every 10-15 minutes, and very often 10 min like clockwork.

I have a new serial to USB cable on the way but it does not seem this should be the problem since it is not the scanner and Proscan which are having communication issues. Also I ran continuous Pings to the router and the IP address which is used as my server on Proscan, for an hour and saw nothing irregular.

Last edited by gregsto; 12-31-2012 at 11:03 PM..
Old 12-31-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
Unchecking the option "Each Transmission New Row" will keep each TGID or frequency together.
Thanks for the response. But won't that put ALL transmissions from the same TG/freq in the same file? I want to keep the files in chronological order like now, and not end up with audio in blobs (files that overlap).
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2013, 12:48 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsto View Post
Sorry should have noted that I an NOT using AVG Anti-virus software. I have Avast! and have even tried disabling all of its shield protections to no avail.

I have had three different users connect to the feed as clients, with and without password access, from 3 different states and all have the same experience of getting disconnected every 10-15 minutes...continuously. Meaning none are ever connected longer than that. They all have the auto reconnect set and do get reconnected in a minute or two only to have the cycle repeat itself.

I have the feed connected to a private RR feed via the Source Client function and RR is disconnected every 10-15 min the same way. As I said, this is happening on two different computers, one with Windows 7 and one with XP. Switching between the two computers does not change the results. So it seems that the only commonality is the same network and router. I am on a cable modem with a 20-25 Mbps connection speed. The chosen server port has been opened in the router, which is a linksys WRT54GS. The computers are connected by two different ethernet cables to two different ethernet ports on the router. I have even tried setting the QoS options in the router to give the computer running proscan high priority for its network traffic.

I have been using the Remote Scanner Over IP Server since before thanksgiving and initially clients would get dropped once maybe twice an hour. Now it is every 10-15 minutes, and very often 10 min like clockwork.

I have a new serial to USB cable on the way but it does not seem this should be the problem since it is not the scanner and Proscan which are having communication issues. Also I ran continuous Pings to the router and the IP address which is used as my server on Proscan, for an hour and saw nothing irregular.
OK. After much wrangling with Comcast, and a visit from a technician, I was finally able to convince them that this was a problem with their service. Indeed they finally found that there was interference in the upload stream somewhere after it leaves my property.

They assigned the problem to their "line maintenance" technicians and they have apparently solved the problem.
Old 01-28-2013, 2:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default ProScan key

I have 2 computers running ProScann software and unfortunately one of them died , consequently I can't remove the activation. Any suggestions as to how I will be able to activate program on my new computer?
Old 01-28-2013, 8:46 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
I have 2 computers running ProScann software and unfortunately one of them died , consequently I can't remove the activation. Any suggestions as to how I will be able to activate program on my new computer?
Email me on key issues.
Old 01-29-2013, 1:18 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Manual

I was wondering if there is a manual that i can download for PROSCAN? I am looking to set up the source client and remote scanner ip and i was looking for dircetions on how to do so. Thanks
Old 01-29-2013, 8:22 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete27a View Post
I was wondering if there is a manual that i can download for PROSCAN? I am looking to set up the source client and remote scanner ip and i was looking for dircetions on how to do so. Thanks
The manual or help file is included with the ProScan program. You may want to download the fully functional ProScan 30 day demo. That way you can get more out of the manual as you are actually setting up the Source Client or Remote Scanner Over IP as you are following the instructions. ProScan can be downloaded from this link. http://proscan.org/

Source Client is also included in the free RadioFeed program with the online setup located RadioFeed Setup Instructions - The RadioReference Wiki

Tags
bc785d with proscan 6.6