RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 7:13 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Re: Official ProScan Software Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markb View Post
HI all,
Having a little bit of a hard time here. I am trying to record audio by frequency/talkgroup (%FT) so that it records as one continuous file. As it is now, it records seemingly random segments and starts a new file. Seems like if there is a prolonged break in activity, it will start a new file.
Under options --> Recording --> Custom recording folders, I have %D/%FT
Under options --> Recording --> Custom filename format, I have %FT - %C
Max recording time = none
edit: I should probably clarify that I am trying to create a single audio file by freq and date.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!
Mark
May I ask why you want one huge 24 hour long file?
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2013, 7:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Official ProScan Software Thread

Well, it wouldn't be a 24 hour long file, it would only record actual radio traffic, which ends up being far less - on the order of a few hours over several days.
I'm using ProScan to record UHF military satellite comms. I use Audacity to analyze the files and find clear audio in between the encryption and Brazilian pirates. It would be much easier to analyze a single larger file instead of small bits.
Old 03-26-2013, 6:12 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If you want to make a bunch of mp3's files into one, you can copy them all into one directory/folder then hold Shift and Right click the directory/folder and choose "open command window here" then you can do a:

Code:
copy /b *.mp3 anynameyouwant.mp3
This will copy all the mp3's into one large file named anynameyouwant.mp3 and you can drag and drop this into audacity then do your "effects/truncate silence" thing

I'm using windows 7 not sure if in xp if the shift right click things works but you can always use cmd and navigate to the folder and do the same thing.
Old 03-26-2013, 1:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Perfect! that will work. thanks! I wish I new DOS a little better
Old 03-26-2013, 8:56 PM

I have to say I use the "copy /b *.mp3 outputfile.mp3" command too. But what I did is put it in a batch file (a plain text file saved as "name.bat") and made a special folder for it.

All I have to do is copy the files I want to combine into that folder, send the entire folder to a media player if I need to narrow down which files I want in the audio clip then delete the other ones, double click on the batch file and a clip consisting of all the files is created without any extra software or reencoding.
Sponsored links
Old 04-13-2013, 12:37 AM

I happened to be looking at the scanner display in ProScan (as shown below) and noticed it shows both radio IDs--the one of the calling radio and the one of the radio being called.

Would it be possible to use those as the Unit Number in the file name? Now, the unit number part of a private call recording file name is empty.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2013, 1:34 PM

I dunno about that as I never have seen that before looks pretty neat though.
Old 04-13-2013, 6:08 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I was checking my logs from my 396XT in Proscan....Never saw this before ..Under UID it says"memory used"...Not sure what this means...
www.wirebridgeweather.com APRSWXNET http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?DW1694
Old 04-15-2013, 1:38 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default MAX INSTALLS

So I swapped a clean used Hard Drive in my old PC and had to reinstall everything. I got to ProScan and went to enter my key and get this........Maximum Installs Exceded Per License Agreement.....Does this mean I cant own more than 1 computer and never have any problems. Sorry but I've had to reboot Windows a few times, own a laptop and just bought a new desktop. I must be the only one. Everything is under 1 roof. I'm not giving it away. What is the max install? So next time I reinstall Windows ( I know, this never happens) I'm SOL?...... Um forgot. I already am
Old 04-15-2013, 4:00 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcool101 View Post
So I swapped a clean used Hard Drive in my old PC and had to reinstall everything. I got to ProScan and went to enter my key and get this........Maximum Installs Exceded Per License Agreement.....Does this mean I cant own more than 1 computer and never have any problems. Sorry but I've had to reboot Windows a few times, own a laptop and just bought a new desktop. I must be the only one. Everything is under 1 roof. I'm not giving it away. What is the max install? So next time I reinstall Windows ( I know, this never happens) I'm SOL?...... Um forgot. I already am
Email me. One license permits activation on two computers.
Old 04-17-2013, 8:20 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Odd Recoding Problem

I have been using Proscan since it 1st came out and have run it on several different computers running various versions of Windows, with both 996T and 996XT scanners, but I've never run into this before. I recently set it up on a Vista machine, and now I can't find the audio recordings. They show up in the software and play fine, however I can't find the actual mp3 files anywhere on the PC. The folder where they are supposed to be is completely emplty. I have searched the entire PC and have no mp3 files anywhere. I also searched for .wav files, just to make sure they were not being saved as .wav's, and still didn't find anything. Since they are viewable and playable within Proscan, they must be on the PC somewhere, but I can't seem to locate them. They are definitely not in the designated recording location, as defined in the program settings. Has anyone ever run into this before?
Old 04-17-2013, 1:34 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlnorth View Post
I have been using Proscan since it 1st came out and have run it on several different computers running various versions of Windows, with both 996T and 996XT scanners, but I've never run into this before. I recently set it up on a Vista machine, and now I can't find the audio recordings. They show up in the software and play fine, however I can't find the actual mp3 files anywhere on the PC. The folder where they are supposed to be is completely emplty. I have searched the entire PC and have no mp3 files anywhere. I also searched for .wav files, just to make sure they were not being saved as .wav's, and still didn't find anything. Since they are viewable and playable within Proscan, they must be on the PC somewhere, but I can't seem to locate them. They are definitely not in the designated recording location, as defined in the program settings. Has anyone ever run into this before?
Are you using Vista 64 bit? Where is the recording location?
Old 04-22-2013, 2:18 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default ProScan 6.3 Is Out

ProScan Version 6.3
  • Added - Web Server - Notch filter for filtering out the 50/60 Hz AC hum or any undesired frequency. The Notch Filter button is located in the Audio Control - Audio tab.
  • Added - Database - Now can Paste multiple times without clicking the Copy button everytime.
  • Added - Database - Sorting function now can sort individual systems and sort at the system, group, or channel levels.
  • Added - Database - DMA Scanners - Before uploading data to the scanner, a message will appear if a potential scanner memory limitation issue.
  • Added - XT Series Scanners - Option to turn off the C-CH Output when ProScan starts communications with the scanner.
  • Changed - Improved the Spectrum Analyzer display and performance.
  • Fixed - Recorder - The option "Delete < 2 Seconds Log Entries" only deleting the grid entries and not the files.
  • Fixed - Database - Drag & Drop and Copy & Paste between ProScan instances.
  • Fixed - Database - Importing P25 systems/sites from another ProScan database file wasn't setting the system type correctly.
  • Fixed - Database - XT Series Scanners - Default Band Coverage wasn't showing all bands.
  • Fixed - Database - XT Series P25 Scanners - RadioReference import wasn't showing the option "Import Control Channels Only" for P25 systems.
  • Fixed - Database - BCT15X - Close Call Settings VHF High 1 and VHF High 2 wasn't showing.
  • Many more small improvements.

ProScan supports the BCD996XT, BCD396XT, BCT15X, BC346XT, BCD996T, BCD396T, BCT15, BR330T, BC796D, BC785D, BC780XLT, BC296D, and BC250D scanners.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanning software in this world.

Last edited by ProScan; 04-22-2013 at 3:15 PM..
Old 04-22-2013, 6:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
Are you using Vista 64 bit? Where is the recording location?
Vista 32-bit, and the recording location was \Program Files\Proscan\Recordings, and then each subdirectory was organized by date. That is what was listed under the options screen in the program. However, when I browse to the Proscan folder, there are no subfolders.

The audio plays fine from the grid, but I'm trying to export them to another PC, so I need to find where they are stored.

Thanks
Old 04-22-2013, 8:56 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlnorth View Post
Vista 32-bit, and the recording location was \Program Files\Proscan\Recordings, and then each subdirectory was organized by date. That is what was listed under the options screen in the program. However, when I browse to the Proscan folder, there are no subfolders.

The audio plays fine from the grid, but I'm trying to export them to another PC, so I need to find where they are stored.

Thanks
I asked if 64 bit as that has what's called VirtualStore where the files are stored at another location. I don't believe that's the case with 32 bit.

The recordings are on the Hard Drive since you can playback. Try this... Go to the ProScan folder and view the file "Recording Data.txt" Each line contains the path to the recording. Use Windows Explorer and navigate to the path specified in the file.
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2013, 11:21 AM

Default Pro Scan Feed Drops

I am using 2 PC's to feed my 996T and 396XT.
When my buddy logs on he can only stay connected for a brief period of time.
Connection time various between PC's.

Any ides what I need to check?

BMT
Old 04-24-2013, 12:13 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMT View Post
I am using 2 PC's to feed my 996T and 396XT.
When my buddy logs on he can only stay connected for a brief period of time.
Connection time various between PC's.

Any ides what I need to check?

BMT
Web Server or Remote Scanner Over IP? Try to determine if the problem is on the server or client side. If other clients connected are having the same problem, then it's on the server side otherwise it's on the client side. Check that AVG anti-virus software is not running as that will break the connection.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:31 PM

Remote Scanner Over IP.
I use ESET as my anti-virus.
Client's can't stay connected!!

BMT
Old 04-24-2013, 1:41 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMT View Post
Remote Scanner Over IP.
I use ESET as my anti-virus.
Client's can't stay connected!!

BMT
It sounds like on the Server side. I would check the cables, connectors, NIC, Router, etc. I've seen a similar problem a few weeks ago and that was resolved with a power cycle of the router.

Did you just start experiencing the problem?
Old 04-29-2013, 1:50 PM

New registered user on board here since last night and I just wanted to thank Bob for his efforts in developing such an awesome full featured program. Having been accustomed to using Freescan since I bought my 996XT back in early March, a fine program in itself but one in which I was quickly outgrowing in many areas, Proscan admittedly was very frustrating at first, mostly the import function was daunting at first but I quickly got used to it. What really pulled me in was the recording function and from that everything else fell into place for me and boom, I had to buy it.

Tags
bc785d with proscan 6.6