RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 7:29 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Re: Official ProScan Software Thread

What email address can I use to have my
Pin resent to me I am a registered owner of pros can

Installed on laptop it crashed reloaded windows hard drive went out so lost my info

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Sponsored links
Old 07-12-2013, 9:53 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbod9633 View Post
What email address can I use to have my
Pin resent to me I am a registered owner of pros can

Installed on laptop it crashed reloaded windows hard drive went out so lost my info

Thanks

bob@proscan.org, support@proscan.org, or register@proscan.org
Old 07-12-2013, 10:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
Email just sent thank you

Old 07-14-2013, 11:03 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
I sent it yo the support address still no response

Old 07-14-2013, 12:35 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I would wait till at least Monday afternoon Bob is usally very good at responding to emails and to post here and at the Proscan website. Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored links
Old 07-16-2013, 6:18 PM

Default Proscan remote setup

I have been reading through the instructions on how to setup my radio to braodcast over the internet. I don't know alot about this and seem to be having a problem with the web server setup. I picked a port number and tried to test the connection per the instructions but it won't bring up my local ip when you click the get ip box. It does show my outside ip but i can't figure out what is going on. I have tried a few different port numbers and still no luck?? I would like to be able to remotely listen to my radio at work or in my house with my laptop using the client proscan. Is there anymore basic instructions?? I don't know much about this. Thanks
Old 07-16-2013, 8:09 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyair1 View Post
I have been reading through the instructions on how to setup my radio to braodcast over the internet. I don't know alot about this and seem to be having a problem with the web server setup. I picked a port number and tried to test the connection per the instructions but it won't bring up my local ip when you click the get ip box. It does show my outside ip but i can't figure out what is going on. I have tried a few different port numbers and still no luck?? I would like to be able to remotely listen to my radio at work or in my house with my laptop using the client proscan. Is there anymore basic instructions?? I don't know much about this. Thanks
Have you forwarded the port in your router?
Old 07-17-2013, 8:55 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
When you say "client". Do you mean the Remote Scanner Over IP Client? That is for connecting to the Remote Scanner Over IP Server. You can use the Web Server or Remote Scanner Over IP Server. Setup is the same. Web Server is for Web browsers to connect.

Same question that ak4fn asked...Have you forwarded the port in your router?

Last edited by ProScan; 07-17-2013 at 9:03 AM..
Old 07-22-2013, 10:00 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I'm using version the latest version. Some time after I start the program (an hour or two sometimes) it's CPU usage will climb to 90%. What's that all about?
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2013, 10:23 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmosier View Post
I'm using version the latest version. Some time after I start the program (an hour or two sometimes) it's CPU usage will climb to 90%. What's that all about?
I'm working on this with a user via email. Once resolved, I will send out an update.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:44 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Cool. Thanks for the reply too.
Old 07-24-2013, 9:43 PM

Quote:
When you say "client". Do you mean the Remote Scanner Over IP Client? That is for connecting to the Remote Scanner Over IP Server. You can use the Web Server or Remote Scanner Over IP Server. Setup is the same. Web Server is for Web browsers to connect.

Same question that ak4fn asked...Have you forwarded the port in your router?
How do i go about that?
Old 07-25-2013, 12:19 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
How do i go about that?

You need to go into your router settings and setup a port to be forwarded by typing your routers ip address in your browser should be something like 192.168.1.1 type in user name and password some default user name is admin and the password may be the same, check with your routers website and that should tell you. then go to port forwarding tab and setup a port to be used. Hope this helps.
Old 07-25-2013, 6:44 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
How do i go about that?
What's the make and model of the router?
Are you trying to get the Remote Scanner Over IP Client or Web Server to work?

Before you setup the router Port Forwarding, you should test for connectivity locally (or on the same machine). Locally the IP address starts with 192 or 10 and doesn't require the router Port Forwarding setup. Advise when you got the local connection to work.

Get back with me on my questions and I'll google search the make and model of the router. Two key items that's goes into the Port Forwarding: The port number which is the same as the number you have in the ProScan Server Port box. The other item is to configure the Port Forwarding for TCP.
Old 07-25-2013, 3:25 PM

Quote:
What's the make and model of the router?
Are you trying to get the Remote Scanner Over IP Client or Web Server to work?

Before you setup the router Port Forwarding, you should test for connectivity locally (or on the same machine). Locally the IP address starts with 192 or 10 and doesn't require the router Port Forwarding setup. Advise when you got the local connection to work.

Get back with me on my questions and I'll google search the make and model of the router. Two key items that's goes into the Port Forwarding: The port number which is the same as the number you have in the ProScan Server Port box. The other item is to configure the Port Forwarding for TCP.
What i am trying to do is set-up my home scanner that is running proscan and be able to listen to it at work over the proscan client software that you have. I'm not sure if i'm going about this the right way?? Do you have a setup guide to help me with that?

I will have have to check tonite when i get home on the make and model of my router. Thanks for the info so far guys.
Sponsored links

Old 07-25-2013, 3:33 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
What i am trying to do is set-up my home scanner that is running proscan and be able to listen to it at work over the proscan client software that you have. I'm not sure if i'm going about this the right way?? Do you have a setup guide to help me with that?

I will have have to check tonite when i get home on the make and model of my router. Thanks for the info so far guys.

Setup is in the help file. First determine if you want to use the Web Server which doesn't need a ProScan client, just a Web Browser or you want to go with the Remote Scanner Over IP feature which offers logging and recording capability. Setup of the Web Server and Remote Scanner Over IP is the same. Port forwarding setup is different for each type of router so I would consult with your router documentation on that.
Old 07-26-2013, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Setup is in the help file. First determine if you want to use the Web Server which doesn't need a ProScan client, just a Web Browser or you want to go with the Remote Scanner Over IP feature which offers logging and recording capability. Setup of the Web Server and Remote Scanner Over IP is the same. Port forwarding setup is different for each type of router so I would consult with your router documentation on that.
Now if i use the Proscan client software i would be able to have control of my scanner at home while im at work? I would like to able to do that if possible. Am i looking in the proscan help file or the client help files for set up? I will hopefuly have somemore freetime over this weekend to sit down and play with it more. I will have to dig around for my router instructions. I belive it is a Belkin model. Not sure of which one off hand. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-26-2013, 5:59 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Now if i use the Proscan client software i would be able to have control of my scanner at home while im at work? I would like to able to do that if possible.
The Client has more control then the Web Serber as you can download and upload. The Web Server has a virtual keypad control.

Quote:
Am i looking in the proscan help file or the client help files for set up?
The ProScan file because you are setting up the server. The client doesn't have a server so it wouldn't be there.
Old 07-31-2013, 8:51 PM

Quote:
The Client has more control then the Web Serber as you can download and upload. The Web Server has a virtual keypad control.

The ProScan file because you are setting up the server. The client doesn't have a server so it wouldn't be there.
Ok now my home scanner is a bc780xlt. So i should use the "Remote scanner over IP" tab on the proscan software and follow those instructions to be able to have control of it from my work computer?

I have a Netgear N150 wireless router model #WNR1000 running off my Time Warner cable modem. I also have a Netgear universal wifi range extender model #WN2000RPT to extend the wireless in my house. I logged into the wireless router setup but i cant find anything for port forwarding? Thanks
Old 07-31-2013, 9:19 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
I have a Netgear N150 wireless router model #WNR1000 running off my Time Warner cable modem. I also have a Netgear universal wifi range extender model #WN2000RPT to extend the wireless in my house. I logged into the wireless router setup but i cant find anything for port forwarding? Thanks
Did You get the Router from Time Warner?
Some ISP's Firmware disables the option to port forward..
www.wirebridgeweather.com APRSWXNET http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?DW1694

Tags
bc785d with proscan 6.6