RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 2:46 PM

Would there be any conflicts installing two basic sound blaster sound cards? Then plus the motherboard sound card would give me the three jacks thats I need.
Sponsored links

Old 11-04-2013, 3:24 AM

No. You can install as many Sound Cards as you need. Even identical ones. They will appear with numbers in brackets (1), (2), etc.
Old 11-04-2013, 8:10 AM

Terrific, Im shopping. Thank you all for your support, Ill let you know how it works out.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:08 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirebx View Post
Would there be any conflicts installing two basic sound blaster sound cards? Then plus the motherboard sound card would give me the three jacks thats I need.
In theory it should work but never can be sure with Windows.

I don't think you will need two sound basters plus the motherboard? Does the motherboard have two inputs and one of them stereo? That should be all you need. I believe your Akai EIE Pro should work. The ASIO driver will need to be disabled first .
Old 11-04-2013, 8:39 PM

You think the Akai would work if I disable the driver? Doesn't the device need a driver to work? Im open for trying, Im looking at soundcards (pci-e) are not as cheap as your standarc pci card.
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2013, 8:33 AM

VIA Envy24DT is just $22.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:07 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Hi all,
Not sure if that is even possible, however I want to attempt to embed the live scanner display into a website. So instead of having to enter the admin password to see the display, it will show up instantly.

Please let me know if that is in the range of possibilities.

regards,

RIchad
Old 11-10-2013, 1:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

my 785 was just returned from Uniden repair where they restored the ability to use computer control. I have now connected to my PC and downloaded an 800 MHz system from rr.com. It all looks good in ProScsn and a log is being created under virtual control,

query? how do I make the "text tag lines" which are in the downloaded database appear in the log? what is logging is just the channel number althogh the correct label IS in the db, I am sure the fix is simple, I just don't know how to do it.
Old 11-10-2013, 8:14 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lep View Post
my 785 was just returned from Uniden repair where they restored the ability to use computer control. I have now connected to my PC and downloaded an 800 MHz system from rr.com. It all looks good in ProScsn and a log is being created under virtual control,

query? how do I make the "text tag lines" which are in the downloaded database appear in the log? what is logging is just the channel number althogh the correct label IS in the db, I am sure the fix is simple, I just don't know how to do it.
The Text Tags should show in the log. Does the Text Tags Lines 1 & 2 show on the scanner display? Does any of the text tags show in the log or none at all?

Go to the "Test" tab and look at the box on the left showing the returned scanner data. Do you see the text tags there?

What ProScan version are you running?

The next version not out yet has an option. "Scanner Data To File" that may be helpful in this case If you email me, I can send you a pre-release version of 6.7. Turning this option on writes the returned scanner data to a text file. Email me the scanner data file and I can see what''s going on.
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2013, 7:32 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Version 6.7 Is out

Version 6.7
  • Added - BC346XTC scanner support.
  • Added - Database - XT Series scanners - HTML & CSV export / print now with a Numeric Tag section.
  • Added - Option "Scanner Data To File". Logs all data from scanner to a file.
  • Added - Performance graphs showing CPU utilization and memory consumption.
  • Improved - Logging & Recorder - Improved grid performance.
  • Improved - Remote Scanner Over IP Client connecting reliability.
  • Improved - Remote Scanner Over IP Client Auto Start reliability.
  • Fixed - Logging & Recorder - Option "New Entries Auto Sort" wasn't working correctly.
  • Fixed - Logging & Recorder - Option "Logging Grid Auto Delete" was deleting data when computer Region set to other countries date formats.
  • Many more small improvements.
ProScan supports the BCD996XT, BCD396XT, BCT15X, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD996T, BCD396T, BCT15, BR330T, BC796D, BC785D, BC780XLT, BC296D, and BC250D scanners.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanning software in this world.
Old 11-12-2013, 3:00 PM
Global DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Not able to get the "Remote Scanner Over IP" function to work.

I'm running ProScan 6.7 on a remote location. When trying to connect on the client end, I get a "Server Not Responding Code 1" error. Was working in previous versions 6.6 <
Old 11-12-2013, 6:51 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

No problems on this end with 6.7 and Remote Scanner Over IP. Maybe you have the wrong port selected in either the client or the server?
Old 11-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Global DB Admin
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak4fn View Post
No problems on this end with 6.7 and Remote Scanner Over IP. Maybe you have the wrong port selected in either the client or the server?
Nope. Ports match, IPs match, passwords match.

Tried different ports, same issue.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:31 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
The Text Tags should show in the log. Does the Text Tags Lines 1 & 2 show on the scanner display? Does any of the text tags show in the log or none at all?

Go to the "Test" tab and look at the box on the left showing the returned scanner data. Do you see the text tags there?

What ProScan version are you running?

The next version not out yet has an option. "Scanner Data To File" that may be helpful in this case If you email me, I can send you a pre-release version of 6.7. Turning this option on writes the returned scanner data to a text file. Email me the scanner data file and I can see what''s going on.
-------------

I was using 6.6 but have now switched to 6.7 Under the 'Test' tab what I see on the 3rd line is the proper 'test tag' and it is displayed on the screen. But what appears in the LOG is Text Tag line 2, not the label which is in the database as Text Tag Talk Group label.

So, the data is all in the db, I it appears to be just a mis-understanding on my part of how to set-up the options. I normally use my 996XT to log my 700 MHz system but one of my systems is still on 800 MHz so I got Uniden to repair my 785 so I could log both side-by-side on the screen.
Old 11-13-2013, 8:18 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kma371 View Post
Not able to get the "Remote Scanner Over IP" function to work.

I'm running ProScan 6.7 on a remote location. When trying to connect on the client end, I get a "Server Not Responding Code 1" error. Was working in previous versions 6.6 <
Send me an email and I'll send a test file or two and we will get it fixed. The sooner, the better. Thursday will be a good time.

Last edited by ProScan; 11-13-2013 at 8:26 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2013, 4:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

What do you think the timeline is for the new scanners and proscan?
Old 11-20-2013, 4:14 AM

I am also interested, ProScan will support newly released Uniden scanners or not.
Old 11-20-2013, 8:43 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstar22 View Post
What do you think the timeline is for the new scanners and proscan?
I may or may not do depending on my work load and schedule. I'll give it consideration in January after I had time with the unit. It will be fun to do and will take five or six months to complete but not saying yes or no at this point.
Old 11-20-2013, 7:28 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin

Considering they won't be on open market til Marchish, that will not be too bad a wait for the guys getting them. 6 Months puts possible PROSCAN for them only 3 months after they hit open market. Thats not bad at all Bob.
Support your local Scanologists!
Old 11-21-2013, 10:07 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default ProScan 6.7 and BCD996XT

Hello Everyone,

I used ProScan 6.7 to load the Morris County MIRS system in my Uniden BCD996XT. Everything seems to be working except I get no audio! (yes, the volume is turned up). I see talkgroups on the display but no audio. Anyone have any ideas or experienced this? Can the BCD996XT monitor the Morris County MIRS system?

Appreciate any input.

Thanks

Rick
N1IRL

Tags
bc785d with proscan 6.6