RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2013, 6:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Official ProScan Software Thread

Installed 6.8 and it locked up every few minutes was unresponsive kept having to do the ole 3 finger salute kept also saying couldn't communicate with scanner went back to 6.7
No more problems

This was windows 7 no malware bytes installed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2013, 8:15 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbod9633 View Post
Installed 6.8 and it locked up every few minutes was unresponsive kept having to do the ole 3 finger salute kept also saying couldn't communicate with scanner went back to 6.7
No more problems

This was windows 7 no malware bytes installed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What's the OS type?
What's the scanner type?
Was ProScan installed in an existing folder or new folder? Asking to determine if using the same config file.
You had to reboot the computer. Correct?
Old 12-12-2013, 8:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Windows 7 with 996xt did it as upgrade to same folder rebooted after install

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2013, 8:07 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbod9633 View Post
Windows 7 with 996xt did it as upgrade to same folder rebooted after install

I'm not sure what this can be. I was waiting to see if I have any other reports and this appears isolated. The only other problem was the false positive reported by Malwarebytes and that was resolved by Malwarebytes.

I would for test purposes, install in a new folder and don't set the comm port. If it doesn't exhibit the same symptoms then set the scanner type and comm port and see what happens.
Old 12-13-2013, 8:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

OK will try that in a couple days on the road right now with a hard deadline

Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2013, 7:01 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
I'm not sure what this can be. I was waiting to see if I have any other reports and this appears isolated. The only other problem was the false positive reported by Malwarebytes and that was resolved by Malwarebytes.

I would for test purposes, install in a new folder and don't set the comm port. If it doesn't exhibit the same symptoms then set the scanner type and comm port and see what happens.
I just installed v6.8 as prompted by v.6.7. Allowed all the defaults for folder selection, using Win 7 pro 64 bit. All seems okay to me with my usual com 12 to 996XT. So far, so good.

Have not yet tried my 785D on com 9 to see if the virtual display bug I reported a few days ago is fixed as the Release Notes state.

LEP
Old 12-14-2013, 8:13 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lep View Post
I just installed v6.8 as prompted by v.6.7. Allowed all the defaults for folder selection, using Win 7 pro 64 bit. All seems okay to me with my usual com 12 to 996XT. So far, so good.

Have not yet tried my 785D on com 9 to see if the virtual display bug I reported a few days ago is fixed as the Release Notes state.

LEP
I'm not aware of " virtual display bug" that you reported a few days ago. You reported the Text Tag Line 1 wasn't showing in the History log a month ago and I sent you the link with the fix a month ago. Are we on the same page?

Last edited by ProScan; 12-14-2013 at 8:16 AM..
Old 12-14-2013, 10:32 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Unhappy

Quote:
I'm not aware of " virtual display bug" that you reported a few days ago. You reported the Text Tag Line 1 wasn't showing in the History log a month ago and I sent you the link with the fix a month ago. Are we on the same page?
I don't know what page you are on. No, I never got a link from you a month ago with the Fix and twice sent you a message to that effect. The on screen log of the virtual scanner display of the 785D is the bug you acknowledged was introduced in v. 6.7. I never had the problem with my 996XT only with the 785D.

LEP
Old 12-14-2013, 10:57 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lep View Post
I don't know what page you are on. No, I never got a link from you a month ago with the Fix and twice sent you a message to that effect. The on screen log of the virtual scanner display of the 785D is the bug you acknowledged was introduced in v. 6.7. I never had the problem with my 996XT only with the 785D.

LEP
It was sent Nov. 19th to L_____@i____.org

[EDIT] It's possible that you didn't receive it because your email program added a "reply-to" header which has a different email address then the "from" header.

Last edited by ProScan; 12-14-2013 at 11:15 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 12-15-2013, 10:19 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

just rolled back to 6.3, bob.

win 7 professional 64bit on an older hp notebook (intel centrino duo) with 2gb of ram. tried 6.5 through 6.8. while my machine specs aren't great, it had no problem handling two simultaneous instances of proscan running with 6.3 and lower. i saw that 6.6 fixed a cpu load issue, but it didn't seem to do much for me. the two instances running on 6.5 through 6.8 maxed out the cpu (but not the ram) and locked the machine up. had to ctl+alt+del and force quit one of the two instances to get the machine moving again.

going back to 6.3 fixed all cpu issues. just thought you'd like to know.

regardless, this is great software, worth every penny. have been very happy for a long time with it. excited to see what will come of this and the x36HP scanners.

all the best,

rob
Old 12-16-2013, 3:57 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Just upgraded to 6.8 on my Windows XP machine and now the program won't run. Previous releases were rock solid. The upgrade went fine on my Windows 7 machine
Old 01-09-2014, 6:00 AM

I have to say I love this software. I have never had a problem with it and it is the backbone to my system. There is one thing I am curious about if it is possible and if not if it has been discussed or could be suggested. The recording archives are currently cataloged by day. If it was possible to make this more organized and cleaner? For example, It creates a folder by year, then by month then inserts the day. Then each month it creates a new folder to store the each days recordings in. Then when it is a new year it creates a new year. As it is now to my knowledge it only just creates folders by days. So this makes search through a huge list of day folders.

Now I know I could just do this manually but this would pose a problem accessing the recordings remotely and it would also be a tedious task to have to do this each month. Not a major need but would be something nice to have if possible.
Old 01-09-2014, 6:32 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Hi
ProScan Options
Options
Recordings
You can make tour files any way you want with the right format
Cheers
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2014, 7:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylingus View Post
Hi
ProScan Options
Options
Recordings
You can make tour files any way you want with the right format
Cheers

That is for formatting the recording title, not cataloging the recording.
Old 01-09-2014, 8:59 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

slylingus is correct.

see attached pictures and not "Custom Recording Folders" which allows me to set up folders that appear as such:

you'll notice the folder hierarchy in the explorer photo, how it's laid out by day, system, then files. you can obviously customize this however you want.
Attached Images

Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2014, 9:25 AM

I think you're miss understanding what I am saying. Yall are talking about formatting. I am not talking about formatting. I already know you can set the format for the name of the folder and the format for the title.

What I am talking about is AUTO folder creation based on year, month. Currently ProScan does not create new folders and archive them automatically, it only creates them for the current day. You have to create the folders and move them there if you want to catalog them for the month and year but then it is not accessible remotely. It will dump all your recordings in one folder based on date but, it won't create a new folder when it gets to a new month. I.E. When you Feb comes it won't create a new folder for Feb and put all your recordings for Feb in that folder. Then March, it creates a new folder for March and saves all your recordings for the month of March and so on.

For example. You have created a folder called "Scanner 2 Recordings" you have set the recording location to store your recordings there. It will save all the recordings in there. It will create a new folder for each day but, it won't create a new folder for each month and year. So your folder will have all the recordings from every day, month, year, in one folder, not automatically created based on year, month, then day, only day.

What you're showing is for Formatters not cataloging.

Last edited by MesquiteWx; 01-09-2014 at 9:30 AM..
Old 01-09-2014, 9:43 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

my apologies, thank you for the clarification. now that i get where you're coming from, i can tell you that i'm pretty sure the software doesn't do that. maybe a feature bob can add in a future release.

you could always write a batch file to run, that's easy enough. or manually dragging files into folders. those are about your only options that i'm aware of at this point.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:39 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesquiteWx View Post
I think you're miss understanding what I am saying. Yall are talking about formatting. I am not talking about formatting. I already know you can set the format for the name of the folder and the format for the title.

What I am talking about is AUTO folder creation based on year, month. Currently ProScan does not create new folders and archive them automatically, it only creates them for the current day. You have to create the folders and move them there if you want to catalog them for the month and year but then it is not accessible remotely. It will dump all your recordings in one folder based on date but, it won't create a new folder when it gets to a new month. I.E. When you Feb comes it won't create a new folder for Feb and put all your recordings for Feb in that folder. Then March, it creates a new folder for March and saves all your recordings for the month of March and so on.

For example. You have created a folder called "Scanner 2 Recordings" you have set the recording location to store your recordings there. It will save all the recordings in there. It will create a new folder for each day but, it won't create a new folder for each month and year. So your folder will have all the recordings from every day, month, year, in one folder, not automatically created based on year, month, then day, only day.

What you're showing is for Formatters not cataloging.
If you have the recording option "Each Transmission New Row" set on then ProScan will create new folders based on the custom formatted specified. If you specify "%MM" then each month, a new folder with the month name will be created.

Are you asking about archiving the recordings at the end of the year or month?
Old 01-09-2014, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Are you asking about archiving the recordings at the end of the year or month?
Yes exactly! I think I may have it sorted out but won't know until next month.

There is one small issue I am having which I forgot about. There is one system this happens on that I am aware of. It records this one talkgroup that is not set to record and is even locked out all together. It records what is almost what could be described as keyups. They are only a couple seconds long and only 12Kb in size so not big at all but they contain nothing and I have tons of them and I am not sure why it is even recording them at all. I am using 6.8 but this has been happening for several releases though. The skip silence is about halfway and works perfectly fine on everything else. Any idea what might be causing this?
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2014, 7:18 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesquiteWx View Post
Yes exactly! I think I may have it sorted out but won't know until next month.

There is one small issue I am having which I forgot about. There is one system this happens on that I am aware of. It records this one talkgroup that is not set to record and is even locked out all together. It records what is almost what could be described as keyups. They are only a couple seconds long and only 12Kb in size so not big at all but they contain nothing and I have tons of them and I am not sure why it is even recording them at all. I am using 6.8 but this has been happening for several releases though. The skip silence is about halfway and works perfectly fine on everything else. Any idea what might be causing this?
Something doesn't seem right. Email me so I can get this worked on. Advise on the options pertaining to the bug or send me the ProScan.cfg file. Also, can send me the database file.
I have a few task I'm working on now so it will be about 3 weeks.

Tags
bc785d with proscan 6.6