RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 3:21 PM

I have a suggestion for the logging options. Can you add the ability to lock out all frequencies that were logged and found in the database? This would allow the existing search to exclude them. Maybe even a value to lock out after "x" number of hits detected.

Thanks
Robert
Sponsored links
Old 06-01-2014, 11:03 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecitytransit View Post
It would be nice if there was an option in ProScan 7.1 (like there was in 7.0) to have the Web server always serve files and folders; as well as switch the other Web server features between off/public/password.
The log in levels re-done in 7.1. Now it's a lot more versatile and you don't need to be at the highest level to monitor or control. Next version will have it so if the "Serve Folders and Files" password box is blank then always serve Folders and Files.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:12 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Database to be added?

Any chane we will see the Database added in the near future?
Old 06-02-2014, 12:16 PM

Any thoughts or ideas on how to get the ProScan tool to stream the audio directly through the browser (instead of via the "Listen Live" link that leads to an M3U which then needs to be opened in something else)?

Just to expand on this, I see in the help that the audio is expected to be delayed due to buffering. Anyway to get around this and hear it in sync and live?

Last edited by merlin2375; 06-02-2014 at 1:00 PM..
Old 06-02-2014, 2:19 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin2375 View Post
Any thoughts or ideas on how to get the ProScan tool to stream the audio directly through the browser (instead of via the "Listen Live" link that leads to an M3U which then needs to be opened in something else)?

Just to expand on this, I see in the help that the audio is expected to be delayed due to buffering. Anyway to get around this and hear it in sync and live?
Which type of media player are you going to use. Do you know if any media player have an option to disable the buffer and hear the real time audio?
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2014, 2:58 PM

Thank you for the reply. I was trying Windows Media Player and supposedly it has an option to disable buffering. I tested it without success. The reason it's of value is it's really weird to see the scanner stop on a channel but not see the audio for 10-50 seconds later. Hard when scanning lots of channels.

The web interface, outside of the audio, is awesome.
Old 06-02-2014, 4:46 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Bad cable??

Quote:
Originally Posted by scroberts View Post
I am using this adapter with Windows 8.1

Amazon.com: StarTech.com 1 Port USB to Null Modem RS232 DB9 Serial DCE Adapter Cable with FTDI, Black (ICUSB232FTN ): Computers & Accessories

No drivers were needed to be installed and it is a null modem cable so no adapter is needed. Just put into the back of the scanner and set the baud rate in the gps settings. Works great.

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Just installed Proscan 7.1, hooked up the USB to null modem adapter from the computer to the back of the scanner (BCH536HP), installed driver (just in case), and verified in my Device Manager that the cable is recognized (it is, as well as its' driver). Getting "No response" on the virtual scanner. Am I missing something? I did go to Comm Port on Proscan and set the appropriate port and baud rate .. BTW, I just noticed that my cable is the same as the one quoted above but it doesn't have DCE in the name. Could this be the problem. Startech's website had an updated driver for my computer,Windows 8.1 64 bit which I added.

** Update: Got it working at 4800 baud. Can it be faster with a different null modem?

Last edited by Moose; 06-02-2014 at 5:31 PM..
Old 06-02-2014, 7:41 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Just installed Proscan 7.1, hooked up the USB to null modem adapter from the computer to the back of the scanner (BCH536HP), installed driver (just in case), and verified in my Device Manager that the cable is recognized (it is, as well as its' driver). Getting "No response" on the virtual scanner. Am I missing something? I did go to Comm Port on Proscan and set the appropriate port and baud rate .. BTW, I just noticed that my cable is the same as the one quoted above but it doesn't have DCE in the name. Could this be the problem. Startech's website had an updated driver for my computer,Windows 8.1 64 bit which I added.

** Update: Got it working at 4800 baud. Can it be faster with a different null modem?
Speed has nothing to do with Null Modem adapters. Set the rear port to 115200. menu -> Set Your Location -> Set Up GPS -> Set Serial Port -> 115200 bps.

Last edited by ProScan; 06-02-2014 at 7:47 PM..
Old 06-03-2014, 6:36 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
Speed has nothing to do with Null Modem adapters. Set the rear port to 115200. menu -> Set Your Location -> Set Up GPS -> Set Serial Port -> 115200 bps.
Thanks, Bob. Thought it could be something like that, but I'm still not fully familiar with this "newfangled" radio. Add me to the list of people who would like to see the database feature added to ProScan.
Sponsored links
Old 06-03-2014, 10:50 AM

Tested the streaming with both VLC and Windows Media Player. Both have options to reduce buffering but it appears that something else is causing the delay.
Old 06-04-2014, 7:39 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default 536 Volume Issues

Great Software ..... I currently have at least 10 Scanners online using Pro Scan. I have been patiently waiting for the 536 Support .... I finally have everything set up and streaming online ..... Here is what I cannot figure out - and I suspect it is Uniden Related - but wanted to check here first.

Volume Issue - The scanner seemed to have a low volume since I received it - but I have it connected to the Pro Scan via the External Speaker port in the rear .... It started off sounding pretty good with a volume around 20 .... now I have it on Volume 29 (MAX) and the input slider all the way - and I can still barely hear the scanner traffic. Now it sounds great - I just cant hear it. It almost seems like the volume has slowly decreased over the past few days.

Now I'm comparing my experience to the 996xt - I keep their volume on 4 when streaming - and it is still very loud.

Feel free to connect to my feed - it is called Dayton Metro feed - and take a listen.

I tried the front headphone jack - but it dont seem to work ... I did send my unit to Uniden for the Headphone Jack repair under a recall.

Thanks and I appreciate any thoughts or feedback.

Jason
Old 06-04-2014, 1:13 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2pqq View Post
The hit counter is not working properly .

On the HP 536
I been noticing something going on with my hit counter as well with a 996XT....
after updating to 7.1

After installing, it reset all my hits....
Some of my logs will be correct, yet frequencies that are frequently active are only showing 1 hit...even if it hits on that site back to back..
www.wirebridgeweather.com APRSWXNET http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?DW1694
Old 06-04-2014, 3:52 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I've narrowed it down to the Hit Counter is not working on P25 One Freq systems....
I did a reset of the counter to verify...the other instance I'm running which is my feed, and all conventional
sites, is fine..
www.wirebridgeweather.com APRSWXNET http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?DW1694
Old 06-04-2014, 8:57 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_in_maine View Post
I've narrowed it down to the Hit Counter is not working on P25 One Freq systems....
I did a reset of the counter to verify...the other instance I'm running which is my feed, and all conventional
sites, is fine..
The Hits counter increments frequencies or TGID's depending if the log entry is conventional or trunking.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:03 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Virtual Screen off-center

Posted this on the Proscan board also. I have the BCH536HP and Proscan 7.1 When I use the option for the "scanner only" display, the display shows up off-center covering up the "rang" and "serv" buttons. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 06-05-2014, 1:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Posted this on the Proscan board also. I have the BCH536HP and Proscan 7.1 When I use the option for the "scanner only" display, the display shows up off-center covering up the "rang" and "serv" buttons. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks
Try right clicking along side the scanner and center it
Old 06-05-2014, 2:16 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
I had a few emailed me on this. Look for fix in the next release.
Old 06-07-2014, 6:47 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I am new to Proscan and learning as I go, I have my BCT15 up and running on Proscan and when I type in the local IP address in my browser on my Android or even other laptop I am able to listen to my feed just fine, but when I am not home and try to open my feed with the outside IP I have no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John
Old 06-07-2014, 6:57 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Do you have your ports forwarded in your router?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2014, 7:21 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Yes, I have Port Forwarding Enabled on my Asus Router.

Tags
bc785d with proscan 6.6