RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 9:49 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdanls1 View Post
I am new to Proscan and learning as I go, I have my BCT15 up and running on Proscan and when I type in the local IP address in my browser on my Android or even other laptop I am able to listen to my feed just fine, but when I am not home and try to open my feed with the outside IP I have no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John
Do you have the router(on the server side) port forwarding setup to use the port number that is set on the server side and TCP.
Another thing to try is use canyouseeme.org for troubleshooting purposes.
Verify that the outside address didn't change. A router power cycle can cause the outside address to change.
Are you running any internet security programs that's blocking the traffic. An exception may have to be added to the internet security program. Usually you will be prompted when the program detects another program accessing a port.

Last edited by ProScan; 06-07-2014 at 9:56 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 06-08-2014, 4:15 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks for the help. I kept forgetting to click on APPLY in order for the changes to take affect on my router, so once I did that I am now able to listen with the outside IP.

Thanks again,
John
Old 06-09-2014, 8:20 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Is the 436 going to be added as one of the scanners to monitor using proscan? It works under the 536 but the screen is all off
Old 06-09-2014, 8:39 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkelso View Post
Is the 436 going to be added as one of the scanners to monitor using proscan? It works under the 536 but the screen is all off
Yes. Very high on the to do list.
Old 06-09-2014, 8:49 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
Yes. Very high on the to do list.
Thank you
Sponsored links
Old 06-21-2014, 9:19 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default ProScan 7.1 & 536HP UID's truncated

Hi Bob,

I noticed the UID or RID numbers are being truncated in the log file.
It does not matter if the real UID is a 3 or 7 digit UID, ProScan 7.1 truncates the first most significant digit (leftmost) from the log.

The VC Display screen shows the full UID as does the actual radio's display but for some reason, the log file truncates the left most digit.
So say a UID of 13123 talks, the log file will show it as 3123.
If a UID of 4793 talks, the log file will show it as 793.

Talkgroup IDs log fine and also display fine in the VC screen, it's only the RIDs (UIDs) that are truncating the left most character from the number and only in the log file and realtime log.

My other Uniden models display plus log the full UID just fine in ProScan 7.1 so this appears to be a bug in the way ProScan 7.1 parses the UID data perhaps from the 536HP model.

I don't see any other info being truncated.

Not sure if it matters but the above occurs on true P25 sites such as one of the Starcom21 sites in Illinois and all the Moswin sites I can receive here in Missouri.
Have not tried any mixed mode or full analog Motorola trunked systems.

Last edited by kruser; 06-21-2014 at 9:36 AM..
Old 06-21-2014, 10:27 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruser View Post
Hi Bob,

I noticed the UID or RID numbers are being truncated in the log file.
It does not matter if the real UID is a 3 or 7 digit UID, ProScan 7.1 truncates the first most significant digit (leftmost) from the log.

The VC Display screen shows the full UID as does the actual radio's display but for some reason, the log file truncates the left most digit.
So say a UID of 13123 talks, the log file will show it as 3123.
If a UID of 4793 talks, the log file will show it as 793.

Talkgroup IDs log fine and also display fine in the VC screen, it's only the RIDs (UIDs) that are truncating the left most character from the number and only in the log file and realtime log.

My other Uniden models display plus log the full UID just fine in ProScan 7.1 so this appears to be a bug in the way ProScan 7.1 parses the UID data perhaps from the 536HP model.

I don't see any other info being truncated.

Not sure if it matters but the above occurs on true P25 sites such as one of the Starcom21 sites in Illinois and all the Moswin sites I can receive here in Missouri.
Have not tried any mixed mode or full analog Motorola trunked systems.
I believe this was fixed a few weeks ago. Look for it in the next release out in a week or two.
Old 06-21-2014, 2:13 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Priority on and off

Is there an easy way to turn the priority on and off? I have the BCT15x, I see the PRI between the POL and Search #1 buttons, but I do not understand how to use it. if that is supposed to function via double click, I can't seem to double click fast enough for it to work that way. The only way I have found is to click menu, scroll to priority, click yes, click yes again, scroll to on or off and click one more time, which seems to be a lot of steps for the simple task of turning priority on and off.
Old 06-21-2014, 2:48 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramboton View Post
Is there an easy way to turn the priority on and off? I have the BCT15x, I see the PRI between the POL and Search #1 buttons, but I do not understand how to use it. if that is supposed to function via double click, I can't seem to double click fast enough for it to work that way. The only way I have found is to click menu, scroll to priority, click yes, click yes again, scroll to on or off and click one more time, which seems to be a lot of steps for the simple task of turning priority on and off.
To change Priority Mode:
Double click the big button to put the scanner into function mode. Now single click the "POL" button which doubles as the "PRI" button when in function mode.
Sponsored links
Old 06-21-2014, 2:53 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Smile

Quote:
To change Priority Mode:
Double click the big button to put the scanner into function mode. Now single click the "POL" button which doubles as the "PRI" button when in function mode.
Perfect, that is what I was looking for, I did not realize that double click on the big button put it in function mode.

Thank you
Old 06-21-2014, 5:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
I believe this was fixed a few weeks ago. Look for it in the next release out in a week or two.
Thanks Bob,

I'd figured it had been noticed and fixed knowing many use the UID display but I guess I did not go back far enough in the ProScan thread to see it mentioned.
I rarely use UID display due to the users changing radios so often but it does have its time and place where it comes in handy on the systems the users do keep the same radio(s).
Old 06-26-2014, 4:38 PM

Ok, I went and got a null modem from radio shack but do I also need a male/male adaptor?

Uniden BCD536HP and BC350A in the truck, a BC350A hosting a feed a BC125AT playing several rolls. Looking at getting a BCD436HP.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:43 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dispatcher812 View Post
Ok, I went and got a null modem from radio shack but do I also need a male/male adaptor?
Negative on the male to male adapter. Does the null modem adapter fit into the rear DB-9 connector? If the connector on the adapter is male then you will need a female to female adapter.
Old 06-27-2014, 8:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

This one works no problems
Amazon.com: StarTech.com 1 Port USB to Null Modem RS232 DB9 Serial DCE Adapter Cable with FTDI, Black (ICUSB232FTN ): Computers & Accessories
Old 06-28-2014, 8:46 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default ProScan Version 7.2

This version is a minor release to address the bugs.
  • Added - Web Server - Folders & Files now will always serve if password box blank.
  • Fixed - Audio Mute button wasn't showing.
  • Fixed - Logging - UID column wasn't showing after switching scanner types.
  • Fixed - Logging - UID wasn't being detected from the scanner.
  • Fixed - BCD536HP Display wasn't aligned correctly when view type set as Scanner Only and Display Only.
  • Fixed - DMA Scanners - Direct Frequency input wasn't setting correct modulation type of the frequency band.
ProScan supports BCD536HP (without database), BCD996XT, BCD396XT, BCT15X, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD996T, BCD396T, BCT15, BR330T, BC796D, BC785D, BC780XLT, BC296D, and BC250D scanners.

ProScan 7.2 Here

The BCD436HP is scheduled next.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in this world.

Last edited by ProScan; 06-28-2014 at 8:52 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 07-03-2014, 12:33 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default 7.2 produces garbage in UID column

Hi Bob,

Running the latest 7.2 version of ProScan.
It did fix the problem of the leftmost digit of a UID being truncated but it also appears to have added a new problem when using a 536HP as the source scanner.

If Display Unit ID is not set on or enabled in the 536HP, the UID column on the live log and the log file is picking up a GID command that shows the talkgroup and what appears to be part of the favorite list name instead of leaving the UID column blank as it did before.

It seems to work as it should with a 996 or 396XT.

Only the 536HP seems to display this odd stuff in ProScan 7.2 in the UID column when display uid is not enabled in the actual radio.

I monitor both ways, for the P25 systems that have radios that pretty much stay with the same user, I'll often turn on UID display but for those P25 systems that the radios change hands, I usually like to turn it off as it just becomes more screen and log file clutter.

For a simple cure, I just shrink the UID column width in the live log to a narrow minumum so hardly anything displays but when I need to look at the stored log file, it is now kind of a mess!

Other than that small annoyance, version 7.2 seems to be working fine!

Figured I'd report this if it has not already been reported.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:45 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default excuse me for being dumb

I am trying to setup a bc796d with local police in n.c.28338 for viper p-25....I am cew to scanners so I am lost. ?i get a few local stuff but no viper---police can someone point me to a place to see how it is done.i posted a screenshot in setup locals in my area in forums
Old 07-05-2014, 5:00 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I'm hooked on this software! I used to use ARC780 & Windows Media Encoder to broadcast my feeds - ProScan is the cats meow! Wish the dev was less restrictive with licensing, as I will have a hard time wrangling 150$ out of the budget for my radios & ones that I can tune into! Not saying the dev doesn't deserve money, they most certainly do but it'd be nicer if it was a site/person thing. I got turned onto it by a user here that uses it to broadcast his feeds & I'm using it now! Just fantastic!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2014, 5:29 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracin View Post
I am trying to setup a bc796d with local police in n.c.28338 for viper p-25....I am cew to scanners so I am lost. ?i get a few local stuff but no viper---police can someone point me to a place to see how it is done.i posted a screenshot in setup locals in my area in forums
Is the "No Response" message the problem? That indicates that the scanner is not communicating with the scanner which can be caused by a number of things. I would do the following in order.
  1. Check that the scanner is in PC Control mode and the highest baud rate selected.
  2. Check that the ProScan port number is the same as the port connected to the scanner.
  3. Check that the ProScan baud rate matches the baud rate of the scanner.
  4. Check that the Windows Device Manager to see if the port is operating properly.
  5. Check that the cable from the scanner to the computer is good and connected.

Last edited by ProScan; 07-05-2014 at 6:16 PM..
Old 07-05-2014, 8:44 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default thanks for quick responce

a fellow member has given of his day to get me going.thanks

Tags
bc785d with proscan 6.6